Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Why me why now :(

why is that ive been fine then something seems hell bent on trying to destroy me. I feel like ive been battling a bug for weeks on off nausea, days where I feel fine then it comes back.
    In all of this i get no cramps no loose stools but bloatedness, sickness feeling and the 'feeling of doom itll happen' I cant settle and ita hars.I try to avoid anti-emetics and flip between just wanting it out but then being too scared.
    The docotr has prescribed me 150mg ranitidine and 4mp oral Zofran (ondansetron) I tool both earlier this evening thinking that'd help but it hasnt even done anything
    Any else had experience where zofran doesnt appear to work? Should I take another?
    Ive had lemon and ginger, peppermint, mints to try and settle but dont working

Default Re: Why me why now :(

If nothing is working it's anxiety. Some of those meds, though they have true chemical properties can make us feel better simply through mind over matter. I took zofran everyday and i need to get more, I don't know if my doctor will give me more though. The only problem with it is you literally will not go to the bathroom for days, won't even feel like you have to. Tell yourself it works and it will. Rosary and prayer is also helpful, probably the most helpful.

I think it sounds like anxiety more than a bug. I know I've had periods where my anxiety gets worse and I would think I was sick when it really was just anxiety. Perhaps take a look at your life as in anything causing stress and your diet. I'm not with LAnn on rosary and prayer, but I'm an atheist. Suppose if you are a Catholic, it may make you feel better, but I think working on getting your breathing and mind under control in an anxiety-driven situation is most helpful of all. Therapy and medication, usually just temporary, can be helpful for many. I have personally yet to find a med that works well for all my issues. Right now I take it for the OCD mostly as it does seem to work well for that, but less so for anxiety and even less so for depression. It's all very individual though, so one med may be great for one person and bad for another.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I agree it's probably anxiety, but are you on the contraceptive pill? Could that be causing it? I used to get horrible random spells of nausea that I KNEW weren't just anxiety but I couldn't account for them. They went away when I came off the pill, but I never made the link until I tried to go back on it and was super ill. No anti-emetic drugs helped much, apart from cyclizine (I think it's the same as Dramamine?). This probably isn't relevant to your experience but might be worth checking out just in case.