Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I cant do this anymore

Sorry for the numerous posts but I think today is the worse in my emet life. After several v* bouts today Im now feeling like its gonna happen again. There was a 7 hour gap between both episodes the last one being at 11.15am. Thats nearly 4 hours ago and I think its gonna happen again soon. Im absolutely drained and so miserable. At first I thought is was fp but now I feel hot and think Ive got a temp so probably a sv

Default Re: I cant do this anymore

I'm so sorry!!!!!!! You'll be over the worst, congrats , suck on ice cubes and mints for now and tonnes of cool fresh air, you're a champion

Just read your posts in completion and this is my worst nightmare and all I can say is you've made it to the end , you're nearly at the 24 hour stage just do ANYTHING to make yourself feel better, only thing which helped me last time I was gagging was breathing in cool air, each breath I took relieved the n*....

I'm intrigued - where were you 12 hours before you got it? Did you use any public toilets ?

I was in work until 3pm yesterday. Then nipped to supermarket for a few things then went to local park for a walk with my daughter and 2 grandsons. Nothing different to normal. I ate a cornbeef and onion pasty about 5pm, the first thing Id eaten all day. Again nothing unusual in that. Later that evening I had salad and few oven chips - same thing Id had night before. Woke at 1.15am feeling super n*. I rushed to bathroom and covered myself in cold water til I was dripping. Then I fell asleep only to wake at 4.15am knowing I was about to v*. It was and still is hell. I spoke to my dr by phone asking for anti-emetics but he seems to think its viral and it just has to run its course! He did prescribe cyclizine but having already taken several doses of phenergan and domperidone to no avail Im not holding out too much hope. The thing that keeps repeating on me even now is the pasty I ate. Everytime I v* it was that I could taste so maybe fp?? All I know is I wont be sleeping tonight. Both times the v* bouts happened I was woke from sleeping and had no time to react. I have had to clean it up even when I couldnt make it to the bathroom in time. I feel traumatized and no longer trust my body or my usual hand hygiene.

I'm so sorry!!! Sometimes when I eat on an empty stomach, especially food that's not healthy, I get nauseous. It really could be what you ate. Either way it sucks!!! Prayer for the anxiety and zofran for the stomach. I will take in the instance my stomach even feels weird so it can kick in and prevent actually getting sick. It sounds more like food poisoning.

It could be fp. I had taken phenergan and domperidone couple of hours before the v* started and it did nothing for me.

Where was the pasty from? I am truly sorry you're going through this, and I hope you feel better as soon as possible. Always scares the crap out of me when a fellow emet gets sick, especially one who has gone so long without doing it. I really hope this passes very soon.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

phenergan is an anti-histamine and I think the other one is too. Zofran is actually used after chemotherapy. I'm so sorry for you though! Staying awake might have helped to fight to keep the feeling just at nausea and not actually getting sick, but it sounds like actually getting sick was better then fighting nausea for hours on end. I think I may have had minor noro before, never getting sick more then twice(knock on wood) in a bug. You said that you have never gotten sick that much in a period so it had to be the food. I know it doesn't make it better but does knowing it's probably not a bug help at all?

Hate to say but I reckon it's viral... You have grandsons and I'm assuming they're young so maybe they picked something up before you ate your tea ...I heard recently that the chances of fp are slimmer than bugs cos our tummies are so strong and can kill off germs with the acids ...also ya said you had a fever and stuff... So grim ( you're definitely gonna feel better soon though just take it easy and HAVE MINTS...I know it may not work as well for some but I was like 99% gonna v* in January with a mysterious virus thing but chewing on a strong peppermint gum took away each "urge"

What brand of gum and mints?

Quote Originally Posted by maeflower View Post
    Where was the pasty from? I am truly sorry you're going through this, and I hope you feel better as soon as possible. Always scares the crap out of me when a fellow emet gets sick, especially one who has gone so long without doing it. I really hope this passes very soon.
    Aww maeflower I dont want u to freak out. I'm often n* and have always managed to keep myself from v* until this time. This time it was just stronger than me. Think I'm on the mend now. The pasty was from greggs

My grandsons are 2yrs old n the baby is just 8 wks and are both well thank God so don't think it's anything from them. The temp makes me think viral but that could've been from dehydration plus its extremely hot in the UK at the mo. I cant stop thinking the pasty was the source. Guess I'll never know for sure but I would like to think my hygiene is too good to get a bug. There was a little girl on the bus the week before who v* and I was sitting very close so I could've got it then

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Aww maeflower I dont want u to freak out. I'm often n* and have always managed to keep myself from v* until this time. This time it was just stronger than me. Think I'm on the mend now. The pasty was from greggs
    You're very brave and should be proud for getting through it. The worst is definitely behind you now. Take it easy and make sure you're drinking plenty of water, especially in this heat. I've always found Greggs to be quite trustworthy. Maybe you picked something up in work?
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.