Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default omg I think its gonna happen again

After v* a lot on thursday I have felt unwell most of the time. Even when Im not n* I feel really full and bloated. Now its 2.30am monday morning and I have awful stomach pain and feel like I am going to v* again. Im shaking and trying to convince myself its nothing but Im so scared. How can it start again after nearly 80 hours v* free I just dont understand what is going on. I have eaten small amounts of food over last couple of days such as hard boiled eggs and dry plain biscuits so why is this happening

Default Re: omg I think its gonna happen again

Hopefully it's just your digestive tract getting back to normal. That can take some time. Keep eating small amounts of bland food and make sure you are drinking. I had a similar experience in 2010 after really bad noro. Almost four days after the fact, I had bad cramping and d, but that's all it was. I hope you feel better soon

I want to cry I feel so awful. I seem to want to burp but nothing happens. This is cruel. I thought the worse was over.

How are you feeling now Claire?

Not good. I wasn't sick this morning but I was very close. I carried a bucket everywhere! I took 2 tranquilizers and max dose of anti emetics and eventually fell asleep at lunchtime. I'd been awake all night. My stomach feels so full & bloated. I did have a bit of d* but nothing too bad.

Damn, sounds like the bug got you hard, sounds like you're getting better though...hope you're ok

It really has floored me. I dont even think its nearly over. The n* is so bad as is the heavy full feeling in my stomach. Im not really sleeping cos I cant relax and apart from nibbling on dry cereal Im not able to eat. I felt a bit better yesterday evening so had a shower and tidied up a bit then it hit me all over again. Today I havent really had a break from the constant n*. Had d* once but think theres more to come. Id make appt with dr if I thought they would be able to give me something to help but Ive already got anti-emetics so seems pointless. Supposed to be back in work on wednesday but that seems unlikely.

Hi, I was away and trying now to respond to your most recent post. Gosh, I hope you're feeling better by now. It's about 6:40pm in the US. You poor thing...what a true nightmare!! And you live alone!!! Yes, I got a little scared when you said it had been 30 years...wow, but scary that you tried and couldn't prevent it. Take it easy and give your body a good rest, especially your digestive system...just go slooooowww. Keep hydrated though. Later, treat yourself to something you really love...a manicure, or buy something special, or whatever you want! Please keep us posted and BIG HUGS to you!!!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Thank you. Im better on my own when Im ill. I hate a fuss and I certainly dont want to pass this onto anyone else. Its been a nightmare and it doesnt seem to be getting easier. I havent v* again since thursday but I still feel I could at any minute. Torture. Im now pacing round with a cold wet cloth on my neck and chest trying desperately not to v*. Its so hard.

Oh boy...can you take any more anti emetics? Do you like ginger tea? I also heard that smelling alcohol helps with nausea. There are a lot of essential oils that help too... peppermint, lavender. I think if you just take it slow and allow your body to heal, you should be okay. It's probably just that your stomach is still a little upset, but that doesn't mean anything else! Hang in there hun!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Hey! Hope that things are going better for you by now. I was talking to my friend who is a doctor, GP, and she said that sometimes noro can cause post infectious ibs. It can cause nausea and d and last up to a month. I would say if you are still feeling poorly, maybe you should talk to your doctor. They might have dietary recommendations.

Thanks everyone for you concern and well wishes. I managed to sleep about 5 hours last night. As soon as I woke up I immediately felt sick. Im now stood with a cold wet cloth on the back of my neck and sucking a mint. This is just plain cruel.

oh man you just lived my worst fear! dont think too much a lot of sickness is just mental and you can help yourself feel better by trying to distract yourself.

It's now 10 days since I v* and I still feel awful. The n* is so intense I struggle not to v* 50% of the time. Still taking anti emetics and am planning on making a drs appt on Monday.