Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy PLEASE HELP - feeling anxious and s*...not getting any better...need encouragement

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while because I've been doing pretty well with my emet. I also have been doing well with avoiding self medicating for when I do feel slightly n* or s*. I have IBS and have improved my symptoms with a daily probiotic and changes in my diet.

Anyway, tonight I've just been feeling awful for the past couple of hours and I am at my wit's end. This happens so infrequently now that it's really throwing me for a loop and I'm very scared.

I am feeling very full although I haven't eaten in about 4 hours and my body is trying to burp but I can't get an actual burp out. My heart is racing which I'm sure is due to the anxiety, but it doesn't help. I am feeling hot off and on, but not feverish, so that's also likely the anxiety. I have had to go to the bathroom 3x in the last 5 hours but no d*. I had an appetite for all my meals today. Usually when I feel off in this way I can ignore it and calm it with mints/tea/ginger ale etc. but tonight none of those things have helped AT ALL!

I have taken 100mg of Dramamine and 4 chewable pepto bismol tablets. I am eating crushed ice.

Has anyone experienced this feeling? I have had 4 SV's (2 mild without v* and 2 moderate with light v*) that I can remember and my symptoms are always the same, and so far I do not have those symptoms, so I'm trying to stay calm. Any advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Everyone I could talk to about this has already gone to bed for the night.

Thanks everyone.

Default Re: PLEASE HELP - feeling anxious and s*...not getting any better...need encouragemen

hope you are feeling better! ginger helps with n* but i find gingerale to not be enough so i suck on ginger candies or take capsules. try to take deep breaths. hope you are feeling better now

Default Re: PLEASE HELP - feeling anxious and s*...not getting any better...need encouragemen

How are you feeling? Hope you managed to sleep.

Thanks everyone. I started feeling much better after taking the Dramamine...not sure if it had a placebo effect or what but I'm glad it worked. This morning I had some digestive upset as well but at least it has moved down from my stomach to the other end! I think I probably ate something that didn't agree with me.

Thanks so much for your responses!