Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OMG I'm so unwell

I cannot do this for another minute!! I feel so sick I dont know what to do with myself. Got cold wet cloth on back of my neck and been sucking on a mint. I am literally shaking

Default Re: OMG I'm so unwell

It's gonna happen

Now the d* has started

Oh Claire, I wish I could help you! Are you very anxious and just thinking so much about it that you are making yourself worse? I don't mean to say it's just anxiety but that can make it so much worse. Please check in with your doc again...can you go get some ginger? It's so good for digestion, stomach issues, nausea, etc. Even Pepto can help a bit. So sorry you are going through this...
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Thank you Andrea. I was sleeping and woke up and just knew. Its weird but its different to normal n*. I fought it and at the moment its eased off a bit. But I struggled for over 2 hours. Im still not out of the woods. My stomach is tender to touch and I am unable to drink but am damping my lips with water. This is truely horrendous. I was really anxious but part of me just wanted to get it over with. My instinct just wouldnt allow it to happen. Im well aware that it'll almost certainly happen in next few hours - just like it did the first time 2 wks ago. That time I woke and had to rush to bathroom. I soaked myself with cold water (done that tonight too) and eventually dropped off to sleep. However I woke within 2 hours and v* repeatedly. I am definitely going to the dr on monday but until they run a series of tests I dont think theres much they can do. I dont have ginger but I have taken 10mg prochlorperazine and am going to take another 10mg as soon as I think I can swallow them. No sleep for me tonight again

So you weren't sick this time? I hope I read that right. Hoping you can get some rest and sleep. Hang in there, just keep your fluids up, take the anti emetic as often as you need it and are allowed to by the dosage. Get into the doc as soon as possible. Hugs to you.

So far so good. I still can't believe it hasnt happened yet! Im starting to have hope that maybe it wont happen. Still feel very sick but on a scale of 1-10 I'd put it at 7.5 which is great considering it was 10 for hours lol. I took higher dose of anti-emetics than was prescribed but I read the leaflet and it stated that for feeling sick/or being sick to take 10-20mg followed 2 hours later with another 10mg. My dr has prescribed 5mg 3 times a day but it just wasnt working. Thank you for trying to help me. Much appreciated

No problem...yes, you could probably take a bit more meds. Just let him know that's what you did. Let us know how you did with the doc. Take care!

Been awake all night. Its now 6.20am and the n* is worse than ever. Ive been to the toilet several times throughout the night but I cannot cope with this n*. Im so desperate and I just dont know what to do.

I'm so sorry you're still feeling like this. When I feel too bad to handle, I rely on phenergan knocking me out. That drug pretty much puts me in a coma lol. Can you try to sleep? You'll probably feel so much better afterwards.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

I take phenergan a lot. Already taken 50mg x3 over the course of 18 hrs. I eventually fell asleep around 7 this morning and have pretty much dozed on n off throughout the day. It's 5pm now and I'm feeling a bit hungry. Got to figure if I should risk eating now

It definitely sounds like it is not a virus, and the doctor needs to figure out what's wrong so they can make it stop. I'm sorry you feel so bad. I went trough something similar in 1994, and it was my gallbladder. I hope you can find relief soon.

I suffered with chronic gastritis really badly for a couple of yrs back in 2009/2011. It was hell but I never v*. Since then my stomach has always been an issue on times but never this bad. If it is that then there's not a lot anybody can do. I'm already on meds to keep it under control so feeling pretty down right now

I'm so sorry Claire, writing this as I feel n* due to pms but can't imagine what you're going through, it must be connected to the bug you had, a guy in my uni had gastro and was out of class for aaaaages, he said it only started through a bug but it kept him off lectures for ages. It sounds like relapse to me, I always get relapses of flu and second time round is always worse... Praying for you... I sort of hope it's mainly your mind playing tricks as I think our stupid minds get things mixed up when we get sick... I nearly v*d in 2009 and I swear for a whole year every little n* moment went from a 1 to a 9 cos I kept remembering the feeling...

Hell. Pure hell. I love life but I'll never understand sickness

Really!!! Bad enough getting sick for a day why does it have to linger. I'm so anxious cos apart from the actual physical aspect of feeling ill there's also work. I've already used half my holiday entitlement on sick days and they've got to last for another 11 months. Not to mention feeling weak that I'm not healthy like most people.