Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: so annoying!

I'm going to visit my boyfriend this weekend, and ever since I talked to him last night on the phone I have had this feeling of absolute doom and that I'm going to get a stomach flu on friday. I don't know why. But I woke up this morning feeling fine and my stomach hurt a bit, then I had a nap and when I woke up my stomach hurt again! I go back to work on wednesday and I only have 2 shifts this week on wednesday and thursday, so I could possibly pick up a virus from there. I'm just so anxious. I've never had this feeling before ... can anyone relate?

Liz- are you nervous at all about seeing your boyfriend? Any anxiety you may have about that may be manifesting itself in the fear you are experiencing now. I know that at times I have been nervous about one thing- and in the end it turns out that the source of my anxiety was something completely different.

Also- there is a good chance that any anxiety/fear/anticipation you have about this weekend, or your fear of getting sick is what is causing your sore stomach. Hehehe- or it could be the result of eating too much chocolate again

Just do your best and take the usual precautions at work and you will more than likely be fine. With viruses, you can catch 'em pretty much anywhere- NOT going to work wont necessarily mean that you wont get sick. Just be careful

Hope you have a good time this weekend with your hot boyfriend! Try to keep busy and be healthy (exercise a bit, spend some time outside, etc.)- when you are really anxious, read some Harry Potter!

XXX

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aww thanks Amber, yeah I guess I am a bit nervous about seeing him .. but I'm just wondering why my stomach pain has lasted so long ..

Hehe, yeah, I did just eat an ice cream bar! But the pain has really come and gone ..

*update* - a little bit graphic

I just went to the bathroom and after I was finished (doing number 2), there was an entireley undigested potato skin from the potatoes i ate last night!! Gross! Does that mean that I have food poisoning or something?Or is that just indigestion?

Liz- Could be anything really. I know that my stomach at times has a hard time processing certain foods....which are then identifiable the next day in the toilet (arent our bodies both amazing and nasty- all at the same time?).

The stomach pain could be indigestion- could be gas, or related to your menstrual cycle as well. I would say eat safe foods for the rest of the day - nothing greasy, spicy, etc- and see how you feel tomorrow. If your stomach still hurts in a few hours- do you or your parents have any pepto bismol around? I find when it comes to indigestion or that gassy-bloated feeling, it really helps. Tastes like ABC gum, but does the job pretty well.

I have had food poisoning a few times- and believe me, the LAST thing I wanted to do during that period of time was eat. If you managed an ice cream bar, you're in good shape

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haha yes, I love my body!

My mom says it's the peanuts, which is weird because I only had a few last night and today. She says that my dad had alot of trouble digesting peanuts so maybe it's genetics?

One of these days though I will have to face myself vomiting, and I will just have to get over it. But i'm hoping that by then I would have had some therapy and some coping skills to deal with it.

Peanuts are a lifesaver for me! They help keep me regular or constipated when I don't drink enough water. Yes, I get "undigested items" too and it is really freaky! One time I drank too much sugar free kool-aid and was convinced my intestines were bleeding.... too much red kool-aid.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --