Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Another attack!!!

Hi everyone. I posted on here a month or so ago, sharing my sickness. I did v* that day. And now a little while ago I was just lying down and suddenly I had a wave of nausea/anxiety (not sure which). Then my heart started racing very abnormally. I am currently in the bathroom ready to v*, but this time, even though I'm (reluctantly) accepting it, it's not coming. My heart is racing, I'm breathing heavy, and I'm having chills. I'd like to believe it's just anxiety but I feel a bit like how I did back when I v*. I'm just not sure because it came on so suddenly. Thoughts/encouragement appreciated.

Default Re: Another attack!!!

I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope you're feeling a little better now that some time has passed! The same exact thing happened to me not too long ago. Back in October I had a horrible sv* with all the same symptoms, especially the chills. I did v* with this bug. A few months later I was feeling n* and my heart started racing and then I had chills like I've never had before. I thought I was feeling the exact same way that I did when I had the sv* and was certain I'd v*, but I never actually wound up sick. Anxiety does crazy things to us sometimes haha! I think I more or less convinced myself that I felt the same but it was all just manifested in my head. Take some deep breaths and try to relax and see if it will pass.

Default Re: Another attack!!!

Thanks for your reply. I've been struggling with emetophobia for years with many panic attacks, but this was the worst one I've ever had. Fortunately I didn't v* this time, but I couldn't calm myself down for at least an hour. Today my stomach is fine but now I'm experiencing cold/flu symptoms like a runny nose and scratchy throat. Weird.