Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default just got back from vacation and now I'm panicking

So I went to San Diego, California for a week and it was awesome, my new life goal is to move there.
    I got back late last night and felt great. Had a couple drinks and went to sleep.
    Woke up today and my stomach is super upset. I was a bit hungry so I went and got a bagel with cream cheese, arugula, tomatoes and onions.
    I also got a cappuccino. I finished the bagel and about half the cappuccino and had 2 lose bms* right after, and my stomach became even more upset.
    Im home now sipping on water and I'm panicking, I can't stop thinking that i picked something up while i was traveling back...I was as safe as I always am, eating safe cooked food/washing hands/not touching mouth/etc.

Is feeling intestinally uneasy after traveling common? Does anyone else worry about these things when or after traveling???

Default Re: just got back from vacation and now I'm panicking

im also experiencing lower intestinal cramps

I heard bagel with a lot of stuff and cappachino...that would do me in. Also contemplating a move can cause anxiety.

Its definitely the cappuccino! I had Starbucks yesterday and my stomach was super upset with 3 loose BMs-I hate that feeling!

Cappuccino is a major stimulant and will affect your bowels

Hi, yes, I travel to Florida from Northeast 2 or 3 times a year because we have a condo there...sometimes by myself one way then my hubby comes a few days later. I'm always worried about the plane, if I caught something while there, what about the way home, eating food there...just always something to worry about. But I keep pushing myself to do this each year and prove it's okay. Takes a lot of practice though...you aren't alone with those thoughts.
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Thank you so much for the replies everyone! I felt better by the end of the night, i suppose my metabolism was just thrown off.

Im addicted to cappuccinos, I drank them probably 4+ times a week. 99% of the time, it doesn't effect me bowel-wise. Coffee is always a hit or miss with making me feel nauseous as well.

Woke up today feeling pretty good. It also seems as if I don't go to the gym, my metabolism gets thrown out of whack...something to think about.