Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need some reassuarnce

Hello all,

So lately I've been doing really well with my anxiety and my symptoms and everything. However, tonight I feel a bit off. I have all of this excess spit and mucus in the back of my throat which at first I was attributing to allergies. However, my roommate just informed me that she v*** earlier today and I think that sent me into a panic. I can't stop feeling now like there is something in my throat and that I am incredibly n*** and about to do IT. I also have this awful taste in my mouth and I've been burping a lot and they don't exactly taste okay if you know what I mean. I'm really scared this isn't just anxiety and I am too getting sick.

Default Re: Need some reassuarnce

I am having a similar issue. My mom was having stomach issues and I have been over at her place and eating food she prepared. She had health issues that cause constant stomach issues, so I wasn't worried and then yesterday she tells me she thinks it was a stomach virus. I immediately felt sick and was sure that my stomach hurt and that I was sick. I haven't fallen ill and.nowni have heartburn, but I have decided that it is this virus that no one else in the house got and they live there.

Probably we are both acting out of the power of suggestion and anxiety. Hang in there. I know that it is difficult. Even when I know for sure that I am not sick, it doesn't make me feel any better. If you are like me, you will grill your roommate on why she got sick and then calculate risk. It's exhausting sometimes to feel this way so often. You're not alone and that is a comfort to me.