Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Need advice

I've been off school for two days now because I'm feeling such intense n* that I'm actually scared to leave the house. I can't go on feeling like this and if it's still this bad tonight I'm going to stop fighting it because anything's got to be better than this. Can someone talk me through what to expect because its been years since I last v*ed.

hey Hannah-

Sorry you feel so sick! Although its not the same for everyone, I can assure you that for myself at least- it's not the actual vomitting thats the issue. The nausea beforehand, and the not knowing if it's going to happen is SO much worse. Haha- I had this affirmed last week when out of the blue, I felt So nauseous....and eventually vomitted. After it happened, the nausea went back down to manageable levels- and a few hours later I was fine.

I know that for myself, when I vomit my stomach will usually contract 2 or 3 times before anything comes out. I actually find it WORSE if I have an empty stomach, or havent eaten much because then your body has to work much harder to bring everything up. I would suggest making sure you are taking in liquids- which honestly make the whole process a lot easier. Sometimes it just kind of pours out- others it does make me cough or gag. Although it is recommended that you stand and bend at the waist while you vomit- I find it more comforting to be able to sit down, and rest my head on my hands if necessary (whenever I feel sick I always lysol spray the toilet seat- that way I can put my hands/elbows on it without feeling gross).

Its pretty revolting- but definitely not horrible. And if you are REALLY feeling sick chances are it may make you feel a little bit better

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hi hannah im so sorry your not feeling good. Unfortuantely when I get sick I can't fight it and dont really have a choice as to whether i v* or not. because you have so much control it will prob only make you v* once for me i usually v* about 7/8 times before i can start recovering. I prefer to stand when i v* but i sometimes lean too far forward and it comes out my nose as well which is horribe because I can't breathe. But after you've done it you will feel so much better and you can recover faster. Hope your feeling better soon.

Well this is ultimate irony, I read the replies and started drinking and had some toast because I think this theory about empty stomach v* being worse is probably correct, and now feel almost human again. Just as I had begun to accept it. Ah well, thanks so much guys!

Amber--

Wow, I'm really impressed that you seem so calm about it! I have reduced my panic attacks and general anxiety to almost nothing, but I have not v*ed in 20 years and it still really scares me.

BTW, you might want to edit your post to let people know it is kinda graphic. No offense at all - but I got a little anxious reading it, and most things don't bother me any more...(or maybe its just me??).

Oh, and Hannah! I remember when you v*ed one time during school! You handled it like a pro. You can do it again if you need to!Edited by: soluene
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill