Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default GERD. Anxiety. IBS.

Hi. Im liz and Im 19 years old and I already have really bad GERD and Acid reflux. Everytime I lay down i have to get up because I feel like im gagging like liquid is coming up my throat and it scares me so much because I have such a fear of getting sick. I get scared to even burp because I get scared to gag. I have tums but they leave an awful metallic taste in my mouth afterwards and Idk what to do I hate this feeling I cant fall asleep right now cause I feel like im going to be sick.

Default Re: GERD. Anxiety. IBS.

So someone I know who has GERD, so bad it burnt their esophogaus, but....they were never sick. Indigestion can make you feel a bit 'funny', but it will pass. Burping will make you feel better, so try and let yourself. Tums can leave a funny taste, but it can be avoided (from my experience) by washing it down with some water. Or brushing your teeth if it's to late and you've already got the metallic taste, or you could try 'rennie' instead (another type of indigestion tablet)

also, try and drink plenty of water, sounds obvious, but can make a big difference. Also, you don't have to lie down, you could prop a pillow up against Your headboard, and lie against it kind of half sitting up and sitting down.

All the best