So, I have been emetophobic for as long as I can remember and never wanted to get married or have kids because of their propensity for illness. I ended up getting married, having a son, who is now ten and a daughter who is nine.

I was with my son and daughter all weekend and we went to the movies and admittedly ate too much junk food. Then my son said he was still hungry for dinner and he wanted Taco Bell. I took them to my parents house because they spend the weeknights there during summer break so I can work. He ate and seemed fine and then he went into the bathroom and got sick. He told my mom and she cleaned up. He seemed fine afterwards, but now I am a wreck and calculating my risk. I hugged him goodbye right afterwards and I am thinking that if it is a noro, then it was on his clothes and hands when he hugged me, also I read that it can be present in feces before they fall ill and he is a ten year old boy and hand washing is not of the utmost importance to him.

It could just be the junk food, but if it is a virus then I did probably have some exposure either prior to him falling sick or right after when I hugged him. I feel like a terrible mother for being so scared of him and so glad he is not with me tonight. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

-Jamie.