Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Should I worry?

Default Should I worry?

I want to make this my last post for a while. That being said, I'm going to try really hard to avoid getting in any situation that could result in V*.

But anyways, a few days ago, my aunt brought home food from a Long John Silvers-and-KFC fused restaurant. She bought fish & chicken from the Long John Silvers Half and Wedge fries from the KFC half.

Now, I don't know how long the wedge fries had been out before being put in the fridge. And it's vital to know, especially for someone like me, considering that, despite my aunt being a generally clean person, she isn't good with putting food in right away. She'll leave pizza, Nachos, Salads, and Wings out past 2 hours before putting them in the fridge. Not she intends to do it, rather, she'll just think they don't need to put in so soon and ends up forgetting that they're out.

But anyways, back to what I was talking about. I was hungry so I decided to go look for food in the fridge. Well, I saw the fries there and seen there was about half a box left of them, little more, little less, I don't know.
    (It was a small box btw lol)

I was debating with myself at first. Because I know potatoes are one of the risky foods that can food poisoning, but I also know most Fast Food meals are processed. I basically went with the "it's processed" argument and just put it in the microwave and heated it for a bit.

But now, the Hindsight that maybe it isn't proccessed has kicked in, causing the paranoid side of me to come out. So I was compelled to ask. What do you guys think?

I can't answer how long the wedge fries were out before being put into the fridge because I went back to my room as soon as I finished eating, but I do know we got the fries about two days ago.

I heard about Botulism, which I'm not worried for because it's extremely rare. I'm a little worried about E.Coli, once again, but I'm mostly worried about Salmonella.

These are wedge fries, not french fries. While I'm not sure if there's a major difference, aside from appearance, I do know that wedge fries are essentially fried or cooked/baked and salted potato slices. So I would think ( and worry ) that I'm at risk.

Default Re: Should I worry?

You are certainly fine! No matter what it is, if it's fast food from a fast food place, there are so many preservatives in it that you could leave it out for a very, very long time. You could not get fp from it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

I have never heard of or known anyone who has gotten food poisoning from any type of potato. Food does not magically grow ecoli from being left out either. the food would have to be unrefrigerated for much longer than two hours in order to spoil enough to make you sick. I've left food out from dinner for well over three hours waiting for my family to come home and they always eat it and have never gotten sick.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofitall View Post
    I have never heard of or known anyone who has gotten food poisoning from any type of potato. Food does not magically grow ecoli from being left out either. the food would have to be unrefrigerated for much longer than two hours in order to spoil enough to make you sick. I've left food out from dinner for well over three hours waiting for my family to come home and they always eat it and have never gotten sick.
    I've never heard this either. I've eaten cold fries many times and never had any problems. Only thing I know of with potatoes is if they are green (not a spot or two of green, but still really green) you could end up with solanine poisoning. This is EXTREMELY rare though and almost non-existent in western cultures.
    In western societies we've gotten more obsessive about this as many places leave food out for several hours without a thought and are fine. People did survive without refrigerators and weren't constantly ill. Only certain foods get risky at room temperature and other foods would have to already have the bacteria to cause illness.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream