Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can You All Help Me with Lyme Disease???

Hi All,

I am having a fit over some symptoms, and because I have some medical background, it's making it worse. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease 2 years ago. I found a larger tick on my leg, got some symptoms of fever and 4 small rashes, etc. Bloodwork showed Lyme. Took amoxicillin for 21 days, have been fine since.
    However, over the past few months I had 2 episodes where I felt kind of feverish...like just barely low grade but you just feel like you're getting a fever. It lasted a few hours and went away. Now 4 weeks ago I started with a chest congested cough, like in the bronchi. Low grade fever the first few days. Just felt tired, cough, etc. Had bloodwork from my naturopath and all was fine but the Lyme antibodies (agg and agm) were still present, same as when I was first diagnosed. I guess they are supposed to go down after 2 years? I feel a bit better but still with small cough and that funny feverish feeling like once a day. Does anyone know if this is Lyme acting up or just a virus? It's been 4 weeks. I'm thinking of calling my doc because I am freaking out and still not feeling my best. Does anyone know about those antibodies and how to read the Lyme results? I'm afraid if I wait too long I the Lyme will cause havoc. It's sooo confusing. Anyone with medical background? Help!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: Can You All Help Me with Lyme Disease???

I would see your regular doctor and see what they say. It may just be a cold. Summer colds are the worst. Had one last year and took 6 weeks to recover with 2 weeks of steroids. I had a one nasty chesty cough and it started with a low fever for a few days. Sounds like you may be trying to recover from something similar.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Hello and thank you! Finally saw my doc today and he wanted me to get a chest x ray to rule out walking pneumonia! Waiting to hear the results. I kind of hope that's it so I don't have to worry about Lyme resurfacing. And he did say that there is a nasty cough STILL going around since winter. We shall see....

BTW, I love your quote! I'm little too!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaAndee View Post
    BTW, I love your quote! I'm little too!
    I feel that quote fits me. Also a writer and English nerd so of course Shakespeare. Hope the results turn out well because pneumonia no es bueno. I know last year when I had that awful cold twice was checked for pneumonia because cough was so bad and lasted so long. Even the prescription cough medicine did nothing. Hate if you had that or worse. Here's to hoping you feel better very soon.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Well, chest x ray is clear! Soooo, right now just doing some herbal immune stimulant to help and we shall see. Naturopath said it could be that the Lyme is kind of hindering me getting over this virus. I'm definitely better with the cough, thankfully... Getting freaked out about this feverish feeling but no fever. It's not hot flashes, I asked my gyn. My mind is going to bad places!