Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question about Pizza?

Well, I've been having some pretty shitty luck so far this year regarding my fear. I've eaten things only to find out shortly after finishing, or while I'm eating, that it potentially could've gone bad and could/will get me sick. Of course bringing me into a panic. Now, I've managed to avoid getting sick somehow. However, due to my close calls, I want to be cautious before making a bad move.

Now, around 7:38 PM, I got a text from my aunt that she ordered pizza. I replied "Okay thanks" at 7:40. The pizza came anywhere around 7:45 to 8:00. I finished eating shortly after. Around 9:29, I went to the restroom and came out at 9:31, I rushed because I just remembered the pizza and wanted to make sure it was put up before 2 hours had passed. When I got to the kitchen, I saw it was already in the fridge. I'm assuming there's a good chance that it's been put up for a few minutes if not a short while already.

That being said, I am feeling a bit hungry and want to know if it's okay to eat the pizza? All I know is it was put up before it hit the "over 2 hours" mark, but I don't know how long it's been out prior. Would you still eat it? Am I at risk of getting sick if I do eat it?

Default Re: Question about Pizza?

I'd eat it. Food doesn't instantly spoil if left out over two hours. I've left food out for my kids much longer than two hours and no one has ever gotten sick.