Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My recent story.

Hey everyone. I'm having a panic attack and I just want to share my woes with you guys. 😭 I've had emetophobia for probably 8 years now. I have been improving slowly over the years, but quite well. I could handle talking about v*, joking about it, and thinking about it. However, two months ago I got sick and I totally lost a few years worth of recovery. I now have panic attacks (that can last hours) anytime I think I feel nausea. It can be anytime during the day, in any situation. (My current attack just started as I woke up in bed) I'm upset because I thought that if I went through v*, my phobia would get better, not worse. Also, v* sucked in general. lol. So I'm super frustrated that I relapsed like this and I just want to be done.

I'm currently away from home but once I get back next week I'm going to look for an anxiety therapist. I think 8 years is enough of doing nothing.

Also I'm going to start being more active on this forum.

Thanks for reading. 💕 I feel a lot better now.
    Last edited by Dr.EmTim; 08-05-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Default Re: My recent story.

Definitely get help. I've had CBT and it's helped take the edge off my fear, I'm still working on it. Unfortunately being sick is not a cure for this phobia. It's the way you think and process the experience afterwards that makes the difference. Therapy could help you with this.