Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Reassurance Needed

Hi,

So about thirty or so minutes ago I was driving home from Walmart in my roommate's car and all of a sudden I felt like I was going to v***. I could actually feel it coming up and so I swallowed it back down, but it happened again a little bit later. I managed to make it home and am now relaxing in bed but it's sent me into a full blown panic. I have work in three hours and I'm scared that this is more than anxiety. I've been having some trouble with GERD and IBS lately, and last night I was really anxious but this is something I haven't felt in a long time and now I'm terrified.

Default Re: Reassurance Needed

I don't have either of those myself, but perhaps they could cause this. Honestly though, it sounds like just one of those random things, and after it happened the first time you panicked, causing the second one. Good job being able to drive while like that! I don't know if I could ever in my life! You're did exactly what you should've done once you got back from Walmart... relaxing. I know it's much easier said that done, but try to get these little incidents to make you less and less anxious when they happen. I don't think you'll v from that and I think you'll be okay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.