Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can you get fp from food stuck in your teeth?

This might be a dumb and irrational question. But I’m going to ask it anyways. Almost 2 hours ago, I ate some hot wings. A few minutes ago, I noticed I had chicken stuck between my teeth. It’s pretty stubborn too, I used a tooth pick to get some out but I still have a couple small chunks in my teeth. Should I be worried?
    Last edited by trs12345; 09-22-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Default Re: Can you get fp from food stuck in your teeth?

OMGosh, I thought I was the only one who thought of such things!!! SO glad you asked. I think the answer is no because we all would have probably gotten it by now. I think the reason we don't is because of the saliva and digestive juices in our mouths...just a guess. What do you all think??
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Nah. There's not enough food to grow enough bacteria to do that to you from something stuck in your teeth. No worries. For example: there was a scare in the U.S. a bit ago where peanut butter had salmonella. We didn't know yet...My boyfriend got a peanut butter pastry and ate almost the whole thing. I don't like peanut butter, so I only took one decent sized bite. He was very sick...I was totally fine. The bacterial load in that one bite was not enough to overload my body.

No but you can get food poisoning from food that has been lodged in your gums for several days. For example: My gf got her wisdom teeth taken out a couple years ago. She got ill like 2 weeks later and could not figure out why. She went to the dr and they said it was because she had not been cleaning out the holes or cavities the wisdom teeth left. They cleaned them out and she was fine.

Can you elaborate a little more? What do you mean lodged in your gums? Like if I ate after having a tooth extracted and didn’t brush and floss, I could get food poisoning from that? Or is it basically the same as having food lodged between your teeth? Sorry, I’m not following along. Probably due to my anxiety right know.

Quote Originally Posted by trs12345 View Post
    Can you elaborate a little more? What do you mean lodged in your gums? Like if I ate after having a tooth extracted and didn’t brush and floss, I could get food poisoning from that? Or is it basically the same as having food lodged between your teeth? Sorry, I’m not following along. Probably due to my anxiety right know.
    So when you get your wisdom teeth pulled, you're basically left with an open wound from where the roots used to be. If food got stuck in that wound, over a large course of time, bacteria could grow. Can you get fp from food being stuck in your tooth? No way. I remember having steak stuck in my teeth for like a day straight before. Was totally fine!! You'll definitely be ok

Oh my god, this made me even more diligent about my dental hygiene and I already brush after every meal