Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone else almost v* during periods?

During pms i feel extremly nauseas then during heavy bleeding i feel like im about to v* every month it drives me insane. Any woman have advice? Sometimes ginger/tumbs and herbal teas work. But i wonder if theres anything wlse i can do during the month to prevent the N* any advice would be great :,(

Default Re: Anyone else almost v* during periods?

i would get n* and d* from having such bad cramps on my first 3 days. Heating pad kinda helped. Are you on bc?

Hi,
    I have this too. I tend to get it at both ends. The pain is sometimes severe and comes on real hard and fast, and then I feel sick and sometimes actually have gotten sick. I did some research and learned that some women release larger quantities of prostoglandins (hormones) faster, and they think this has something to do with the cramping, heavy flow, clotting, nausea, diarhea, etc. Anyway, I used to have to take ibuprofen and codeine to control the pain, but it didn't do much for the sick bit. I started taking naproxen instead, preferrably at the first warning sign. It works differently than ibuprofen or panadol or tylenol and apparently helps slow the release of prostoglandins. I found the naproxen helped. What I do for my period now is start taking naproxen as soon as I know my period is trying to start. Then I keep my ondansetron handy. Usually the naproxen is enough to slow the release of prostoglandins and helps with the pain and I don't even need the ondansetron. As long as the pain isn't severe I don't feel sick. It must be a hormonal thing. I'm not a doc or expert so check with your doctor that it's safe for you, but my go-to is naproxen, ondansetron in an emergency, and hot baths or hot water bottles. Hope this helps.

Yes this is me! I've tried so much for it and I hate it so much-I get so scared and upset every time it happens and I can't eat and barely function.

Ok, so we have to look at the cause of this and obviously it is all to do with hormones. I do have some things that can potentially resolve and prevent this issue as I'm currently working on my own issues. So here's what I know:

1-2 tbsps of Bragg's organic cider vinegar in a tall glass of water each morning (on empty stomach) will slowly and gradually rearrange your hormones back to normal, regulate periods and even cure PCOS.

If you don't like that idea, I can tell you that it's not unpleasant to taste, maybe just a little sharp, but if diluted with more water you'll barely taste it at all. It won't have any kind of bad effect and it actually becomes alkaline once in the stomach. Alkalinity is vital to prevent diseases.

At least 1 - 2 cups of organic camomile tea everyday will, according to my aunt, reduce periods overall and every symptom associated with them. Plus this is incredibly relaxing in the body, it will keep your anxiety at bay and heal other ailments, like I had a swollen nodule on the back of my tongue which obviously freaked me out and the only thing that got rid of it immediately was camomile tea.

Sage tea. I haven't had much of this but apparently it takes away period symptoms if drank every day.

Raspberry leaf tea - This one stops the cramps (and possibly the heavy bleeding). It's also delicious and just like the camomile, works immediately.

I notice quite a few of you take tums for acid. Those things are nasty, I would recommend switching to another brand or looking at the cause of your acid, which 99.9% of the time is actually caused by a combination of the wrong foods. When you eat things that aren't supposed to be eaten together (cheeseburger is a classic example, bread and meat) then your stomach has to do two jobs at once and this is what causes acid indigestion. If you google food combining there is plenty more info on this

thank you ive never tried naproxen because the pills are huge and i hear they can upset the stomach quite a bit but ill ask my doctor if if naproxen comes in a smaller sizes

I've tried birth control made my acne horrible and made me feel anxious all the time it was the worst

oh no! I get a really bad panic attack at least once a day during my periods it horrible

sorry i realized i didnt quote the comments before answering lol xD