Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Daughters teacher sent email yesterday...freaking tf out right now

My daughter started kindergarten 2 weeks ago. He teacher sent an email stating that a few kids were already home sick with fevers and stomach bugs. Well, naturally I'm freaking tf out. Why did she send that letter? My mind has done NOTHING but non stop race about worrying she's going to get it.
    I can't handle my kids throwing up and due to a domestic violence situation, I had to move away a few hours from anyone who knows me.so I will have NOBODY if she does get sick and I'm losing sleep over it.
    Idk what to do. I've stressed to her the importance of handwashing and hand sanitizer. But I just have this awful gut feeling that she is going to catch it and wake up in the middle of the night throwing up. Ugh.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: Daughters teacher sent email yesterday...freaking tf out right now

Try not to panic too much. When my daughter started school I drove myself nuts worrying that she would v*! I ended up taking anti anxiety medication which has helped. I have had two really scary experiences which I never imagined I would be able to deal with. My first fear was that one of my daughters would v* in the night while my husband was away and the second was that both my daughters would be ving at the same time. And I have had to deal with both. Chances are your daughter will be fine. A few months ago my youngest said the child sitting next to her on the carpet had v* so I had a massive panic but she was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by anna81 View Post
    Try not to panic too much. When my daughter started school I drove myself nuts worrying that she would v*! I ended up taking anti anxiety medication which has helped. I have had two really scary experiences which I never imagined I would be able to deal with. My first fear was that one of my daughters would v* in the night while my husband was away and the second was that both my daughters would be ving at the same time. And I have had to deal with both. Chances are your daughter will be fine. A few months ago my youngest said the child sitting next to her on the carpet had v* so I had a massive panic but she was fine.
    Wow, how you managed to deal with those situations with your daughters?

For some kids, Kindergarten is their first school experience so they catch some nasty stuff until their bodies get used to the germs. However, not all kids get sick all the time. Each child is different. Some seem to catch everything that goes around and others seem to have immune systems of steel. I think I got a stomach bug like once, very mild, in Kindergarten. I got ill maybe twice and that was over and no one in my family caught it. I recall in primary school getting sick like 5 times total and one was probably not a stomach bug. So, there's not a guarantee she'll get it and most kids don't catch every sickness that comes around at all.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream