Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Rare Occasion: Dad's Sick. Stomach Bug or Food Poisoning?

My dad has only v*'ed one other time in my life (when I was three; yes, I remember it clearly lol). Today he came home from eating at a restaurant in town & said his back was killing him. That quickly progressed to stomach cramps that were severe and, eventually, v*'ing one time. After that he said he was done v*'ing and was just in horrible pain (abdominal cramps). My aunt brought him some phenergan & Zofran, and he's been passed out asleep ever since about 8 p.m.

He thinks it was the chicken salad he ate at the restaurant, but I'm afraid it's contagious. He got sick so quickly after eating (about an hour between eating and getting sick) so I question whether food poisoning could work that fast. I know with noro you usually get sick multiple times, have diarrhea, etc but my dad doesn't get as sick as a normal person when it comes to norovirus (he's a lot like me in the emetophobia department). Does this sound like norovirus to you? Or is it more likely his body rejecting chicken salad that's gone bad? I know foods with mayonnaise & eggs can go bad quickly, especially in the summer.

My mom convinced me to not sleep in the car (it's SMOTHERING hot out there) and come sleep in the house, but I'm scared someone else will wake up sick. Both parents are extremely, uh, vocal when they v*, so I'll definitely hear it if I stay inside. What to do?

I know no one can tell me for sure what's wrong, but who better to ask than a bunch of self-made experts on the subject!

Thanks~

Default Re: Rare Occasion: Dad's Sick. Stomach Bug or Food Poisoning?

My ex boyfs dad was a chef and used to tell me (after a panic lol ) "chicken poisoning is very fast, within the first hour or two"... Also the back cramps are a strange addition, could he gave gallstones? My dad had that and it had him passed out for many hours ...or maybe kidney stones?

How is he now??
    As you are emet, it goes without saying that you'll naturally be careful with hygiene so I wouldn't worry !

I hope your dad is feeling better. Last week my husband had back pain which changed to stomach pain and v*ing and he ended up in hospital with kidney stones and a kidney infection.

That's definetly food poisoning.
    It comes and goes really quick