Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ugh, I have been doing SO well lately with my anxiety, I have been feeling SO good, then today after lunch (my usual sick feeling time) the old familiar feelings are coming back. I feel REALLY nervous and of course nauseous, shaky and panicky. Probably because I have a meeting at 1, meetings always make me nervous. I hate when you are going along so good and then BOOM! it hits you again. Hopefully it is just a one day thing and tomorrow I will be back to normal.

I took a Xanax a half hour ago so hopefully I will be ok in a few minutes. Boo - I had gone almost 7 days without taking a Xanax. Oh well, you do what you gotta.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I was going to say....try a xanax.....also after i eat a meal....i always take a ginger root pill....they really help with nausea.....and also if you are having nausea all the time like i was...on a daily basis.....then i ended up having several tests done to find out i have acid reflux...ok so they put me on prilosec...i have to take 2 a day...once in the am....and again before dinner...and it is 99% effective.....i have felt soooooooooo much better since i started on this......i have been on it almost 3 weeks now...and i have never felt better. Knocking on wood of course...but so far it's been great......check with your doc about this. It may be something that you can treat....good luck.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

The stomache stuff with IBS seems to always hit at weird times, at least for me. Be very proud of yourself for the fact that you went 7 days without a zanax, don't dwell on the fact that you needed one today. Setbacks happen, but it sounds like you have been doing a really good job. I understand about the after lunch stomach problems, usually I get d* really bad and lately it has been after pretty much every meal. I know though that it comes and goes in cycles and the more that I can reduce my anxiety, the less I will have to experience it. Eating 5 small meals a day instead of 3 large ones also helps a lot with the digestion.

I agree with both of you. I did think i had some sort of acid reflux or GERD for a while because i kept getting bad stomachahces/heartburn, but that seems to have gone away over the last month or two. I don't necessarily get nauseous every time i eat, just sometimes at work when I have a meeting to go to or something.

Silver, you are SO right about that small meals...if I can leave the table feeling satisfied but not full, I do so much better. It's hard to get into that habit but it works greaat for eme related anxiety and weight loss as well!

Thanks for your responses, I am feeling better now...a bit drowsy from the Xanax. but better.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I used xanax, but its make me sleepy and now i am taking zoloft, and i am worse , it doesnt help me![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Snow -

Xanax does make you drowsy for a while until your body gets used to it. Or maybe you need to cut your dose in half...if you can get it in just the right amount it makes you feel terrific. Occasionally I do still get drowsy when I take it, but that is definitely better than feeling panicky and sick.

How long have you been on Zoloft? What dosage? It took my lexapro about two months to start working fully, and I had to go up to the max dosage. You may need to wait it out longer...usually with SSRIs you get breakthrough anxiety, but it goes away.