Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone else carry a baggy everywhere you go just in case?

So I have been carrying a plastic baggy in my pocket for two and a half months now just in case I do puke while I am in public, especially when I'm indoors, far away from an exit. Although I haven't done so yet, I do have memories where I went from feeling perfectly fine to puking within two minutes, yes, two minutes, which is very suddenly and out of nowhere. The main reason I carry one is to prevent puking on the floor and making a huge mess, which will prevent some embarrassment while in public. I'm not quick enough to rush to a bathroom, and sometimes they are not available indoors. Besides I would still end up making a mess even if i went for the toilet.

Default Re: Anyone else carry a baggy everywhere you go just in case?

I do because I have daily, chronic migraines. This affects my stomach daily.

I carry more than one and have been doing so for several years. It's one of those crazy emetophobic things that makes me feel a tad bit safer and more in control while I'm out in the world.

I can't. I'm afraid of throwing up in any sort of bag. Afraid of even thinking I'll get sick in public, so in my delusional mind, that'll never happen so I don't need to carry anything for that.