Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This might sound really stupid, but I can't stand to cook anymore. Just the thought of "If I eat this, I might be sick and v*" takes all the fun out of it. Does anyone else do this? I live with my parents still and don't cook much, but I really get into cooking shows and my family has some amazing cooks. I love to find new recipes and things, but when it comes to handling the food, then actually having to eat it, I get really nervous. I would love to learn how to cook, but I'm afraid I just won't be able to enjoy it because the whole time I'll be thinking about v*. Or worse yet, I'll actually get sick from my own cooking!
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

I'm the opposite, I like to cook everything myself cos I know I've washed my hands throughout the process, I know the food is fresh etc. I disinfect surfaces as I go so I know the area is pretty much germ free.

You have more chance of getting ill from someone else's cooking, rather than your own. If you like the idea of cooking, go for it, I reckon it's by far the safest way to eat!

It's one of my favourite things to cook and experiment with new recipes, I find it so relaxing. As Suze says you are best off eating things you yourself have cooked if worried about whether it has been prepared properly in hygenic conditions as you can make sure it is!

Try easing yourself in with simple dishes that you feel safe with eg if it feels better not having meat just in case you are scared you won't cook it long enough, try doing a vegetable stew or a nice warming soup (I have been making lots of carrot and coriander soup just lately - it's gorgeous!) You can gradually build up to more complicated recipes or things that you are most unsure about as you start to feel confident again.

Tracey

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb