Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Boyfriend has SV

It's been years since I posted here (yay me!) but I'm freaking out.

I was at my boyfriends house this weekend and he mentioned his brother had been sick recently. I completely forgot about it and went about my weekend. Kissed him a lot, had sex a lot, ate once or twice without properly washing my hands.

Then me messaged me at 5am to say he had bad v* and d* and he passed out in his kitchen he was so unwell.

I am FREAKING OUT. I feel like there is nothing I can do to stop it, I can't focus at work, haven't eaten all day. Scared to sleep!

Help 🙁 Or some advice on how to handle it if it does happen.

Default Re: Boyfriend has SV

It's awful when you find out that someone you have been around has just gotten sick. It is so hard to know if you will catch it or not and I know that the unknown about that is torture. It is probably consuming your mind but I just want to encourage you to try to get your mind off of it. I know that seems impossible, but talking to a friend, listening to music, watching movies, or just focusing your mind on your work can help distract you.
    Once I had shared a water bottle with my friend and then like 10 minutes later she v*. I was absolutely terrified and had it on my mind for days after, constantly afraid that I would catch whatever she had. But, I didn't.
    There are ways that you can prevent the stomach bug as well such as drinking grape juice and taking activated charcoal. Activated charcoal absorbs the bacteria that causes the s* v* so it definitely prevents it. Also, if you are afraid you're starting to have symptoms, definitely take it because it can keep you from v* or having d*. The grape juice helps (before any symptoms) because it changes the pH in your intestinal tract to inhibit the virus.

I once shared a bottle of soft drink with my daughter and later that evening she started v#g, I assumed it was a sv. However I never got sick, there's been other times that the sv has hit my house and I've not been sick. It's not a guarantee that you will get sick, but it's a very difficult time for you.

Hope you’re doing okay! Did you end up avoiding it? I think the odds were in your favour as you were never directly around any v*.
    Let us know how you’re doing!
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~