I could use some reassurance, or advice.
Now, I’m guessing it’s bad allergies for me and my mom. My mom was vomiting mucus last night, which freaked me out. However, she said it was due to the decongestants she was taking.

Her condition is a lot worse than mine. She has a hard time talking and has lots of pressure in her chest. I’m pretty congested but not to where it affects my talking or anything. I can feel it in my throat though and it’s pretty thick. Aside from that, I have a headache. And I don’t know if it’s mental but when I think, or talk about, my mom’s condition, I begin to feel as if I’ll start throwing up the congestion too.

Honestly, I really don’t want to do that. Even if it’s the best thing to do, I’d rather ride out the sickness, or if there’s an alternative medicine that can break mucus down and make me spit it out, rather than throw it up, I’d do that too. But any advice? Or reassurance? As far as I know my only symptoms are congestion, coughing, headaches, and some stomach pain here and there (assuming it’s mental). My mom’s symptoms are lots of pressure on her chest, along with very bad congestion. I don’t know what else she has. But yeah.

Help is appreciated.