Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default When is it safe to see boyfriend after SV?

Hey y'all.

My boyfriend spent most of last Sunday night and Monday with a SV and his whole family has since come down with it since. I spent the entire weekend at his place prior to it all and am still doing okay. Thank god.

He says he stopped showing symptoms on Tuesday and feels fine now, just a little tired. We have tickets for a concert this Saturday and I'm a little scared. It will have only been 5 days since symptoms apparently stopped but he and his family are not hygienic people: he hasn't even changed his bed sheets or cleaned the bathroom since he got sick.

We're normally a super affectionate couple and it makes me sad that i'm too scared to hold his hand or hug him right now. He knows about my phobia and is doing his best to be understanding but I'm nervous.

Advice? I know it can still be present for up to two weeks after, but if I was my hands and avoid contact, I'll hopefully be okay, right?

Default Re: When is it safe to see boyfriend after SV?

I think you'll be ok but to be sure, make sure he has showered, clean clothes and washed his hands prior to seeing you. I'm sure he's done all of that already but just in case, remind him. Have a great time!