Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A spider web went into my mouth. Will I be OK?

Basically, I like to take walks at night. Headphones on, music playing, walking at a nice slow pace. A very relaxing activity for me.

Unfortunately, yet predictable considering the events that have been occurring as of late, a long strand of a spider web that was blowing in the wind, hanging off of a street light, went straight into my face. I felt it hanging on my nose. Being that I touched the bench I have outside when I sat down for a bit, I didn't want to touch my face but I ended up doing it anyway, which is bad enough to me.

So it was on my face for a minute or so. I got frustrated but kept touching my nose, eventually I managed to get it, when I pulled it off, I felt it come off of my upper lip as well.

So I'm basically nervous now. I have absolutely no idea if I'll be okay or not. It was on a street light, which usually have a lot of brid crap and lizards and other vomit-inducing germ-carrying animals are on. I might be reaching and overreacting, but the fact that it was on my lip for a minute makes me, even if it's simply a stretch of the imagination, think that the salmonella/e.coli/other vomit-inducing bug/germ had time to multiply while on my lip, I was spitting a lot, but being that my mouth opens a bit, I feel as if the saliva left on my upper lip dripped back into my mouth and now I'm going to get sick.

I hope I don't sound like that Sadie May girl that was trolling people last year lol. But yeah, I'm really nervous at the moment. Will I be fine?

Default Re: A spider web went into my mouth. Will I be OK?

You'll be okay hahaha I promise!

Yeah, you'll be okay. Even if there were germs , the amount would be minimal and the time exposed was also minimal. Your immune system can get rid of such ammounts.

I don't think spiders carry any of those kinds of germs or at least in very insignificant amounts, so insignificant that your immune system will be able to fight it off.

I am a gardener and a forager. I get spider webs all over me all the time. It's just about the creepiest feeling ever, but it won't make you sick.