Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i know we have a music topic already...but it's not really active! i for one am OBSESSED with music, and it gets me through some tough times. I thought we could all share some of our faves, i know i always like to hear about new music.

anywho, happy posting.

here's a few of my newest finds:

Secret Smile by Semisonic

Science vs. Romance by Rilo Kiley

No seatbelt song by Brand new

.I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I have so many favorites!! I can't even begin to name them all, but I list a couple for various moods here

Sad/depressing songs ~
    The Dance (Garth Brooks), If You Get There Before I do (Collin Raye), Trouble (Coldplay), Whiskey Lullabye (Brad Paisley), One Sweet Day (Mariah Carey and Boys II Men), Hand Me Down (Matchbox20)

Songs that Mean a lot to me ~
    True Colors (Cyndi Lauper/Phil Collins), Through the Years (Kenny Rogers), Your Song (Elton John), and Faithfully (Journey), In My Daughter's Eyes (Martina McBride)

Fun Songs for happy moods ~
    Crazy Game of Poker (OAR), 6-Pack Summer (Phil Vassar), Margarittaville (Jimmy Buffett), Country Boys and Girls Gettin' Down on the Farm(Tim McGraw), and Family Tradition (Hank Williams Jr.)

Lol... can you tell I'm a country fan???

My fave overall artists are Matchbox20, Jimmy Buffett, Martina McBride, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, and The Goo Goo Dolls

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

i love 'gentleman's excuse me' by fish...

Hiya,

Crazybeautiful i totally agree with u... music has got me thru
    some tough moments aswell... so has reading... argh im
    such a bookworm lol!!
    I dont have many favourite songs... I jus love anything thats
    upbeat and that i can sing along to. Sade- By Your Side is
    really beautiful though...

Rachel xxx

There's nothing like a good Beethoven symphony to pick you up after a down day... prefereably symphony no. 5, 7, or 9. If you are (or want to be) thoughtful or serene, try the 6th, 8th, or the second movement from Dvorak's New World symphony. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

&lt;Zachary&gt;
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

Music is amazing for making me feel good. Songs change from time to time but i usually listen to something like Busted, Britney or Nsync to make me feel happy =)

<center>+ Sammeh +

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</center>

I love music too!!

McFly, Keane, Jet, Maroon 5, etc.

My personal favourite kind of music is film soundtracks by Hans Zimmer. No words most of the time, but his music can provoke all kinds of emotions in me. I'm also a bit of a Disney fan. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Okay, a LOT of a Disney fan!!

Best of the best for me include This Land and King of Pride Rock from The Lion King soundtrack CD, the last few tracks on theGladiator CD,and the wholeWalt Disney World Millennium Celebration CD(obscure but very, very beautiful!)

Also, the Brother Bear soundtrack- not a Hans Zimmer, but Transformation (not the song version) is an absolutely beautiful, vibrant piece of choral music, and Phil Collins' song No Way Out is wonderful for giving yourself hope when you're feeling truly low.

Odd place to look for feelgood music maybe, but orchestral and choral film soundtracks are definitely worth a look.

Christian music is always positive and uplifting! I like Jars of Clay, Rebecca St. James, Newsboys, Paul Coleman Trio, and Newsboys. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Also - I looove Simon and Garfunkel!!!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Along the lines of Zachary's classical repitoire (hehe), if you like piano music, some of the most popular and soothing piano music can be found in Chopin's Nocturnes. You can find a CD of basic Chopin (if you know you like piano music but don't really know composers that well) at virutally any place they sell CDs. They will likely have CDs that have a couple of his nocturnes on them. Give them a try. I even play some of them to relax... sometimes the best music is the music you make yourself. Sing a melody from your favorite song... at the top of your lungs!!! you'll feel so much better (plus get good breathing exercises in as well!!!)

Wishes,

Jason