Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feels like it's about to happen!!!

So scared... I wasn't very hungry at dinnertime; I only ate a little which is unusual for me. Ever since then n* has been getting worse and none of my usual n* relievers are helping! I've had more peppermints and antacids tonight than some people do in a lifetime (out of anxiety and impulse), and 3x my usual zofran dosage and I'm sipping some water and baking soda. Nothing is helping. I'm afraid to even move. I want to live my life - so tired of this!!!

Default Re: Feels like it's about to happen!!!

Hi, hope you're okay...hang in there. You've done everything you can to help...hoping by now you are feeling a bit better...
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Really appreciated this response, thank you!

I ended up being able to hold back.

Anxiety ceased. Then tonight instead of completely washing my hands before eating out on public and risking just sanitizing, I hear a story right after about someone's child being severely ill with stomach distress of some sorts. I drank strong alcohol tonight which I don't normally do. I'm so angry lately from this phobia!! I hope I'm saved from either scenario.

Anyway, sorry. End of rant!

I’m curious, do you think you were actually sick, or was it just anxiety?

Pretty sure it was just anxiety related and not an illness, Dr.EmTim.

Awesome Glad to hear everything’s ok!

it can be so frustrating to have to deal with this. I can never tell if I'm really nauseous or just anxious. Its almost always just anxiety but thats what makes it frustrating.

Sorry to hear about this.... I can relate to how you feel. Antacids, peppermint and all. There is a really special book called 'Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive' and it works miracles. People that have read it are either completely cured or 90% cured and can live their life normally. It has been used by thousands of Emets and so far have had no complaints.... a guy named Rob Kelly wrote it and he has been studying Emetophobia for 30 years. I recommend that book! Mine is on its way (: hope I could help a little.

Hi. I'm 'grumbling' too tonight. Had pasta and tuna. Nothing happening yet but BIG anxiety