Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Making myself crazy with worry.....please read!

Hi Everyone,

I posted a while back wondering about maybe a Lyme disease relapse thing going on with me. Well, I've been getting what I thought was fever feelings but now feel more like a hot flash, then chilly feeling. Went to doc, ran tests, he said they are normal but I noticed my white blood cell count was 11,4000, and two months ago it was 6000...the range is from 4000 to 11,000. He said normal but obviously it's elevated!! So now I am freaking out about cancer, etc. Yes, I'm 47 1/2 so it could very well be perimenopause, no other symptoms yet though...my gyn offered me a trial of low dose birth control to see if the flashes improve, but after reading all possible side effects, I chickened out and didn't take them.

So next week I will have my blood redrawn to see about the white cells. Meantime I am paranoid, anxious, getting nauseous, and can't relax about this!!! The anxiety is just unbelievable!! What do you guys think? Any nurses or infectious disease people here? How about side effects from birth control? Did any of you have any? Thank you so much and please give advice.............!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: Making myself crazy with worry.....please read!

Hey AA, I am not a DR/nurse but from experience from getting blood and pee tests even at 28 I can say that sometimes the body just simply does stuff. I have had blood in my urine samples that Drs were not worried over that resulted in nothing. I had mono in the past so I have crazy antibodies all the time in my system (it's a forever kind of relationship lol) if the Dr is not concerned, I would not worry. If you were at like 20000 then I would start asking questions lol but you're not that far out of normal range. Hopefully you'll get the answers you seek next week at your next blood drawing!
    IES Backup Forum (est. Dec 2016)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Making myself crazy with worry.....please read!

Thank you for the reply Razzle. I appreciate it...seems there is not much activity on this site lately. Anyway, I am a little calmer and yes, I will be getting the blood done again next week, and am hoping the levels went down...will let you know.
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6