Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Would your fear reduce if there was no n* (or much less bad feeling) before v*?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately - the build up and/or n* is the worst part for me.

5 20.83%
  • Yes, likely - as long as there was another much less unpleasant "warning" so I can be prepared.

9 37.50%
  • Maybe/Not Sure

1 4.17%
  • Not at all - I think my phobia would still be the same.

9 37.50%

Question V* without n* first - better or worse?

I have been doing a lot of thinking and self exploration. The past few months I have felt n* nearly non stop - one night I did actually v*. In therapy I have not yet found a source of my phobia but for the past few months because of feeling n* nearly 24/7 I have begun being terrified and obsessive of n*. It got me thinking.... would I be afraid of v* if there was no n* involved? I'm still undecided but I think for some of us the fear is worst during the build up before "it" happens (or when fighting it back). If there was a solution to end n* for good do you think it would reduce your anxiety? Do you still think you would be emetophobic? This is just a "what if" situation - but if v* had to still happen and you got a few physical symptoms that it was about to happen with enough warning would it help end the phobia for some of you? Maybe for some it may make it worse? I hope this makes enough since: Just a thought tonight as I'm working through "treatment" for this phobia and trying to pin down what really scares me about v*.

Feel free to type out your thoughts and/or vote. Thanks for your input!

Default Re: V* without n* first - better or worse?

I voted no because I became emet the time I vomited without any warning. I would want to know beforehand.

The last time I vomited, I endured hours of nausea because I refused to do it for hours. It was my choice to endure that nausea; most people would have gone and puked in 20-30 minutes.

The only other time I vomited, I woke up severely nauseated and puked within 10 minutes. That wasn't as bad, I think?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I’ve never v*d without n*, but I don’t think I’d care for it. I would be paranoid about v*ing in public or something. When I have to v* I like to have a trash can or bag to do it in, and if I didn’t feel n*, I wouldn’t know it was coming.

Creo que puedo llegar a morir si v* . No lo hago desde hace 28 años. Cuando sólo tenía 8. Y fue lo peor que me paso. Creo que si me vuelve a pasar moriria

it's really hard to say, but I think it would be the same or worse for me. the reason i hate n* is because it precedes v*. if i endure n* but never v*, it's worth it to me. it's the v* i want to avoid.
    that being said... i've never done it without being n* first. so i can't really say. it does sound a lot better, but the lack of warning would be awful, especially because i don't get any time to take any medicine or get somewhere "safe" before it happens.