Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does this sound like an SV or not?

My husband got sick early this morning. I woke up around 3:30 am and he was in the bathroom, then he suddenly v* in there. He said he had "a little" d*.

I went to the couch, but was unable to sleep. He ran into the bathroom to v* again at 5:15 am. It sounded really bad. I grabbed a suitcase and got ready at my friend's.

He hasn't gotten sick since then. I dropped off some water/juice/food (crackers and applesauce). He's since showered and eaten the food- almost 9.5 hours with no v* or d*.

Could this have been just an upset stomach? I feel like people with sv* say the symptoms last longer than that.

I obviously want to go home, but not if he's still contagious.

Default Re: Does this sound like an SV or not?

It's hard to say. All viruses are different and everyone reacts differently to them. Does he have any other lingering symptoms, such as tiredness, body aches, chills, etc.? It could have been something he'd eaten. I'd say it's fine to go home as long as you're careful around the house. I'd wash my hands thoroughly before handling food or putting them anywhere near my face. If you're more comfortable spending a night or two away from home, go for it. It sounds like he's on the mend, whatever it is.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

Default Re: Does this sound like an SV or not?

Thanks. I'm going to pray it was food-related (he thinks he ate some olives that went bad in our fridge), but treat it like it's a virus.

He said he's going to sanitize the bathroom now that he's feeling better. I told him to throw out our shower curtain and his toothbrush.

I'm bringing him soup today (he already ate the crackers and applesauce I got before work), so I'll check for any lingering symptoms.