Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Scared that I might have caught Norovirus

Hello,

I'm from England but staying in Scotland for Christmas in a holiday apartment. When we arrived here 48 hours ago I could smell vomit in one of the bathrooms but my family insisted that it just some other smell from a blocked drain. I am very scared that the previous guests had a stomach bug and that now (almost exactly 48 hours later so the incubation period for Norovirus) I have caught a that bug as I have a very tight throat, feeling of nausea and wind/burps. My Mum also has a tight throat and it came on straight after dinner like mine.

Do you think I have Norovirus?

Also I have very low dose prochlorperazine sublingual (that you put under your gum, to enter the blood stream) anti-emetic/anti-sickness tablets- do you think I should take one? I'm afraid that they might not work as I usually take domperidone but couldn't find it when packing. I also have 'emetrol' syrup and 'buscopan' for stomach spasms but I'm worried that none of it will work!

Default Re: Scared that I might have caught Norovirus

I think that its more your anxiety than noro...noro comes on very sudden. Since your Mom is also feeling some symptoms of uneasiness maybe it was something you both ate. I would take something to help ease you symptoms and your mind...cuz if I was feeling that way, I would do that. I hope you both feel better. I'm sure its not Noro.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertail486 View Post
    I think that its more your anxiety than noro...noro comes on very sudden. Since your Mom is also feeling some symptoms of uneasiness maybe it was something you both ate. I would take something to help ease you symptoms and your mind...cuz if I was feeling that way, I would do that. I hope you both feel better. I'm sure its not Noro.
    Thanks Tiggertail, that's really helped. I'm hoping it doesn't amount to anything!

I should think you will be fine. Vomit particles settle after a bit, and surely it had been quite a while since the previous guests had inhabited it. Just keep your hands clean

Quote Originally Posted by Srk2756 View Post
    I should think you will be fine. Vomit particles settle after a bit, and surely it had been quite a while since the previous guests had inhabited it. Just keep your hands clean
    Thank you for your reply and your help.

I am feeling sick again tonight (almost a fortnight later) and worrying a lot about whether I've caught norovirus from some vomit that I might have walked through

I was recently exposed to a person that had v* and I had all of those symptoms. It took me a while to realize that it was my anxiety. I feel way better during the day though since I don't have anxiety. Sleep a lot and make sure to eat healthy, and that should reduce anxiety by some, since I found anxiety to be the real culprit. You should be fine.

The anxiety is hell. I

I can relate as I just had that problem myself.