Hi all,
I'm new to this page but I have had emetophobia for a long time, as long as I can remember in fact.
But at this moment at time, I seriously need some help.
So, basically.. My boyfriend stayed at my house last night, we had McDonald's around 11pm and went to bed, both fine. At around 4am he was complaining that he was freezing cold but it wasn't cold in my room. Then all of a sudden he was sick, everywhere. Literally my worst nightmare. I felt awful because I had no sympathy for him and I just ran downstairs crying and panicking. He continued to be sick until around midday. (8 hours)
Now, the problem is, we are actually going to Italy on Saturday (3 days away!) and this is my first time abroad without parents so I'm nervous anyway! I am absolutely terrified that I have whatever he has and I can't shake it. I'm refusing to eat Incase I throw up.
it could have been food poising from the McDonald's as it was around 5 hours after he ate it and we had different meals. but it could be a bug. I just want reassurance or advice on relaxing my mind or it's going to ruin my holiday.
i feel fine apart from the panic attacks !
would I have caught it by now if it was a bug? Can you tell a difference between a bug and food poisoning?
Please help me, I want to enjoy my holiday