Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I anxious or ill? Day two of loud stomach noises..

Hey ya'll. Just in need of some support.

So I recently posted about how I was ill on Sunday as a result of drinking too much wine the night before. And by ill, I mean I was dry heaving, v* a little bit, and felt generally n* and was unable to eat or drink anything really. But that is pretty much standard for me when I drink. Anyway though it was very scary, I was feeling proud of myself for getting through v* without freaking out too much.

So Monday comes around, and I still felt a bit iffy, I figured dehydrated. I had a lot of coffee that morning which I know kind of messes with the digestive track, but I am a regular coffee drinker so that doesn't normally bother me. But I was hungry and I was able to eat some turkey deli meat, pretzels, and cheese for lunch. I felt fine all day. Then I went and visited my parents for dinner, and they had grilled salmon and asparagus and baked potatoes. That's a meal I'm used to having with them, and I trust their cooking. I felt full pretty quickly after eating, but that's pretty standard for me. I hung around for a few hours after dinner, and then went home.

Then my stomach starts gurgling and making weird noises. The kind you would traditionally associate with d*...except nothing happened but maybe one lose BM (sorry for TMI). But nothing would provide relief. I was getting chills too and mouth watering and was convinced I was going to v*. I ended up staying up till nearly 2am freaking out and panicking.

Then I had to wake up for work at 8 this morning. I was cautious about what I ate, again snacked on some pretzels and ate turkey for lunch. I felt fine for the most part during the day, had one kinda abnormal BM but not d* by any means. I had a coffee drink in the afternoon, and again, still felt fine. By the time I was home for dinner I felt pretty hungry. I ended up making whole wheat pasta just with tomato sauce and some garlic salt/italian seasoning. And now the stomach gurgling and weird feelings are back!

It's so hard to describe. It's making weird noises, I get the feeling like I need to have d*, but nothing is happening.

Has anyone experienced this?? I know it probably sounds really weird, and I am hopeful that this is just a result of anxiety. I don't know if I am especially on edge because of being ill on Sunday, or what...I have been pretty good at handling this phobia so I am not sure why all of a sudden I am panicking so much over these weird stomach sensations.

Default Re: Am I anxious or ill? Day two of loud stomach noises..

I feel you the last week I drank celery juice and my stomach was making all this weird noises pops, gurgle, just really off. I ended up with a bit of d*, also yesterday some scary nausea too. I think maybe you ate something that could have upset your system. Because you said you were ill and v*ed maybe eating dairy and fish was a bit heavy. I would avoid diary and meats for at least 2 or 3 days. Coconut water is super hydrating and helps with d*. I do get random feeling that i'll get d* but it doesn't always happen. I find that when i think I'm gonna v* and start panicking my symptoms heighten and are so real but most of the time it is just anxiety. Distraction is key to make me feel better. Movies, videos, shows, anything you like to keep your mind off it. Feel better

Quote Originally Posted by randomperson View Post
    I feel you the last week I drank celery juice and my stomach was making all this weird noises pops, gurgle, just really off. I ended up with a bit of d*, also yesterday some scary nausea too. I think maybe you ate something that could have upset your system. Because you said you were ill and v*ed maybe eating dairy and fish was a bit heavy. I would avoid diary and meats for at least 2 or 3 days. Coconut water is super hydrating and helps with d*. I do get random feeling that i'll get d* but it doesn't always happen. I find that when i think I'm gonna v* and start panicking my symptoms heighten and are so real but most of the time it is just anxiety. Distraction is key to make me feel better. Movies, videos, shows, anything you like to keep your mind off it. Feel better
    Yeah the random noises is kind of nervewracking! LOL that's why I know I much be going through an anxiety rough patch because normally that is not something that should be a cause of concern.

It's weird though because I v* from alcohol, not SV or FP or anything. Normally when I feel ill from a hangover I want to eat all the greasy food. But I supposed you could be right.

The other weird thing is that this is STILL going on. Yesterday, and today I just had another loose/weird BM. I really don't know what is causing it because my digestive track is normally relatively normal. This is day 4 of it....I am no longer anxious that I will v*, but it is still annoying and confusing what is causing it.

I thought it could maybe be the turkey I've been eating for lunch, but I just bought it on Monday and it's fresh from the deli, and a reliable brand I've eaten my entire life..

Sounds like a mystery. I really don't know what it could. Either way I really hope you're better by now. Get well!