Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Girlfriend has SV what do I do?

Hi, my girlfriend woke up this morning feeling very ill and vommed 27 times in total, plus diarrhoea and fever, she went back to sleep and woke up this afternoon feeling a lot better, she hasn't vommed since but I'm meant to be seeing her tomorrow for the weekend.. I know if there's a chance I'll get it it'll trigger my panic attacks but I want to go see her. What are the chances she'll be contagious? I don't know what caused this I can't even promise it's a virus but it sounded like it was.

Default Re: Girlfriend has SV what do I do?

27 times between morning and afternoon? That's quite excessive. It sounds like noro to me which is contagious for quite a while even after the person recovers. Unfortunately if you go see her a day after she was ill you do run the risk of catching her illness.

Default Re: Girlfriend has SV what do I do?

Yeah, I would put off your visit for at least another week. Unless she bleaches every surface in her place, those germs will linger for multiple days. It's likely all over her bedroom and bathroom. I wouldn't risk it.