I recently moved to the Northside of my Hometown after 11 years of living in a city considered to be on the “outskirts” of it, about 15 minutes away from the Southside, where I was born in and 40-45 minutes from the Northside where I’m living now. I’ve been living here for about a week now, and I’ve been fine for the most part.

However, just a couple minutes ago, I was on Facebook and saw a post from one of my friends that live in the city I just moved from. He posted about how his stomach’s been hurting bad & how he’s been up all night because of it. To which his friend commented “it’s the stomach bug, it’s going around. Drink a LOT, it’ll flush out the bacteria.”

Now I’m freaked out, especially because I just left the store and who knows what person could’ve touched the food items I grabbed? And I left my Lysol brand 3 at the old place (we still go back to it once a week to take out things we left over).

I felt some small relief in the sense that the dude who made that comment lives in Houston. Same state as me but the city itself is over 2 hours away, however that doesn’t mean the virus isn’t here. It’s possible it made its way to the area I just left and even the area I live in now. It doesn’t make me feel better that the guy we live with (my mother’s boyfriend) usually always get sick after hanging around someone who’s sick.

So yeah. I’m kind of panicked. Even more so because we live in a small apartment with a little fridge. He only buys food for the week, not for the month or anything else. And Thanksgiving is coming up so I’ll have to go back to the city to celebrate with my family! Some of the people in my family are very prone to getting sick. Is there a way I can prevent catching this damn bug?