Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How big are my chances of vomiting?

I’m scared that I’m getting the flu. It started when I was taking a shower less than an hour ago. I started getting a sore throat, however, that only lasted a few minutes & turned to a partially dry-throat. I do have congestion/mucus in my throat but I usually get that at night.

Just a few minutes ago, I started getting a headache I have it now & it’s not severe or super bothersome. It’s pretty minor, then I started getting pain around my shoulder/forearm area but that went away as of now. I don’t know if it’s in my head or if I’m catching something but I’m getting nervous that it could be the flu. I’m the only one who hasn’t gotten vaccinated in my house and that makes it even worse for me!

*sigh*.. well, in the unfortunate case that I do get it. What will be my chances of vomiting from it? I’m 17, 18 next month. Don’t really get sick, and the only time I ever remember having the flu was when I was either 9 or 10 & I didn’t throw up. But I I’m scared that if I get it
    it now, I will!

Default Re: How big are my chances of vomiting?

Flu is a respiratory illness and doesn’t typically involve v. A classic symptom of flu is high fever and severe muscle aches, so if you do not have those I think you are ok. The only time v may happen with flu is in small children whose tiny bodies can’t tolerate a high fever. It’s rare in adults.

Yep, cmu is right. As an adult you will not vomit from a respiratory flu. Sorry you're getting sick regardless, though! Hopefully you get to stay home and take it easy.

Very, very unlikely! Sometimes, little kids vomit from the flu because they're so sensitive from the phlegm and mucous that they're not properly expelling. As an adult, your chances are slim - there's really no reason for you to vomit from the flu as it's not a GI illness.

Rest easy - lots of fluids, and rest. My biggest mistake when I had the flu was being too busy. I stayed home from work and school to avoid getting others ill, and in my mind I figured as long as I wasn't exerting myself outside of the house, I'd be fine. Wrong! Try to let yourself relax; watch movies, drink tea, have popsicles and soup. Sleep as much as you can.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."