Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It keeps getting harder

This is my first post on here, im 18 and have had emetophobia for as long as i can remember. Have not v* in 9 years but i constantly have anxiety, and suffer sleepless nights because i feel n*. I dont know how im going to get through college next year with this constant fear. With emetophobia, i feel like i cant live my best life, and fear is holding me back. I stay up almost all night when my anxiety is at its worst because i feel n*. I chew gum, pace back and forth, and pray that i wont v* even though im not very religious. Its so difficult to deal with, as im sure most of you can relate. Ive felt n* more the past few weeks. My friend had the sv almost 2 weeks ago and i was so worried i would contract it. Today i felt lightheaded. I wasnt n* at all throughout the morning. I ate some breakfast, drank coffee, and was even hungry for lunch. After lunch i felt s*. It was so bad i frantically made my dad dismiss me. When i got home i felt awful for a few hours, although im not sure if it was my anxiety or not. I felt dizzy, n*, and i felt a tight feeling in the middle of my chest. Sometimes the collar on my shirt feels tight, even though its not. I was sure today i would run out of luck and v*, something i would choose death over doing if given the opportunity. Is this feeling in my chest the anxiety? I would get hot flashes too. I feel better now but im still worried. Any advice, support, personal experiences, coping methods, or shared struggles would be appreciated.

Default Re: It keeps getting harder

Chest pains are almost definitely anxiety related! Especially seeing as you're only 18. During my peak of emetophobia in 2015 I also had the chest thing and hot flushes , always if I woke feeling weird... But what worsened it was avoiding eating... Then a whole new onset of symptoms came.

Get well soon