Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default worried I have just been exposed to noro

Hi,
    today I walked into the underground and nearly into someone who appeared to be kneeling and being ill- it was right in my direction- they were sort of facing me- and it happened as I was about a metre away before I noticed and turned around. I had no choice but to stay stuck in the underground, I could only move to about 3 metres away until I was able to get a train. I was however, worried about airborne exposure. I can't be sure that this was noro- I didn't see any you know what but the noises and actions appeared to indicate that, they were also using a tissue and covering their face and making certain noises and faces which made me wonder if it was more likely to be a bad cough that had triggered a reflex. I also thought that perhaps if it was the worst case scenario seeing as people were standing very close by it probably would have been natural for them to react and move away, which didn't happen. I think unfortunately I am going to spend the next 3 days worrying about whether I have it or not, but I have read a lot about airborne exposure, if this is noro, is there a chance I have caught it from simply nearly walking into them whilst they possibly got ill and having to stand a few metres away for about 4 minutes?

Thank you

Default Re: worried I have just been exposed to noro

Hello there~
    I believe Norovirus is not typically airborne, and as I am assuming you didn't touch any surfaces that the person may have been sick on, I'm pretty sure you aren't at risk I wouldn't worry too much about it~
    Take care!