Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need Help ASAP disinfecting

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but have always lurked about. But I'm in desperate need and having anxiety attacks. My baby is getting over a stomach bug from Sunday. But last night my husband got sick, too. I'm so scared I'll get sick. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the appropriate cleaning equipment to kill norovirus. This is what I have: Clorox disinfecting wipes, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and rubbing alcohol. Do any of those kill norovirus? I've been wiping things down like crazy and washing my hands a ton with tea tree soap. I'm not sure what to do. I'm freaking out. Also, does washing and drying laundry on hottest sanitize, or do I need to add something?
    thank you!
    Kflano

Default Re: Need Help ASAP disinfecting

Use a bleach mixture (5 tablespoons to 1.5 cups of bleach of per 1 gallon of water) for hard surfaces and Lysol III spray for upholstered surfaces.
    Wash soiled items with detergent at the maximum available cycle length and then machine dry.

Thanks! I've been doing laundry like a mad man. Unfortunately I don't have bleach or Lysol. And I can't leave to get some cuz both my husband and baby are sick. Do you know if any of those work?

You can try using heat. I don't know how effective that is. I've heard good things about peroxide, too. Boil anything that can be boiled and you can try cleaning with very, very hot water...so you have a steam cleaner?