Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Cause of concern?

Well.. I never got sick from my dad accidentally touching my mouth about a week ago. But I do have a new concern for today.

My mom’s boyfriend’s (we all live with him btw) dog had thrown up today. Now I’m not usually worried over dogs vomiting as last dog I had when I was 13 would throw up a whole lot since he was always very nervous. The one I had when I was 9 had once thrown up on me out of seemingly nowhere and, while it both pissed me off & grossed me out, I wasn’t scared. That said, I’m aware that I’m asking this on impulse due to my heightened paranoia towards vomiting considering the fact that I’ve been possibly exposed to some vomit-inducing sicknesses several times this year.

I’ve read from some sources that dogs can possibly transfer norovius to humans & vice versa and I was petting the dog as he was laying down, I decided to wash my hands right after. Would you think the chances of the dog even having norovirus is low? I mean he only vomited one time this morning and, as far as I know, he didn’t have diarrhea. Not to mention, he hasn’t being going anywhere that wasn’t within the apartment complex so I don’t think there was anyway he could’ve caught any viruses or anything.

What’re your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by trs12345; 12-10-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Default Re: Cause of concern?

I think you’re fine. Dogs v all the time for various reasons. If he was ill with a virus it would’ve been much more violent and prolonged.