Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaking out about sv*. Help calm me please!

I'm freaking out about the stomach virus. My family just went through it (I've been dreading my turn for days now and have been starving myself and washing hands like crazy). And I've been reading a ton on noro and I keep reading stories of people who have it multiple times a year or twice in a month or things like that and that just freaks me out.
    At first I was like well at least this is a positive and now it came in our house and we won't have to worry about it all winter season, but now all those stories have me freaking out and stressed. I'm gonna think I'm in the clear then in 3 weeks we're gonna get it again. I'm freaking out. How common is that? Getting it multiple times? Is that rare? Is that typically in unhealthy, bad immune system people? Please help me.

Default Re: Freaking out about sv*. Help calm me please!

Have your entire family had it? I really don't think it's common to get such consistent recurrence with it but I'm no doc .... The sv* visited us last in 2009 so I think there's a good chance of it staying away ... Awful though. Be careful not to over starve as this will make you n* , I'm exactly the same as you though !

Default Re: Freaking out about sv*. Help calm me please!

My whole family has had excepf me so far. We've been staying at in laws for thanksgiving weekend and after thanksgiving, in the middle of the night, they both got it so now I have to start my exposure count again 😥. I bleached the whole kitchen yesterday too and then they came out of their room today and are just touching everything with barely washing hands and I'm like well all the food is contaminated now so I can't eat.