Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ??Clubbing??

So it was my friend's birthday yesterday (one day before you Jen!) Anyway, he's a very close friend of mine and we were all going to do something like go to the movies or go to the mall or a restaurant to celebrate. But yesterday, I was at Kohls, shopping (the big sale!) and I saw my friend from high school. So we hugged and exchanged how are you's and all that. (She's a friend of my good friend.) Well, she proposed we all go to a club for my friend's birthday. Now, that just set me into a whirlwindpanic!! Me in a CLUB??? [img]smileys/smilies_24.gif[/img]NOOOOOO!!! I've never been inside a club, at least not like that!!I'm such a square!!! [img]smileys/smilies_49.gif[/img]LOL!! I can't even picture myself in a club!! I wouldn't know what to do or how to act!!! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]And dancing?? I'm rhythimcally challenged!!! [img]smileys/smilies_49.gif[/img]I said yes anyway though, not wanting to sound like a complete dork.

But then the emet thinking hit me which was bound to happen sometime or another....what if I see someone sick? What if someone gets sick in front of me? What if I go to the restroom only to find someone sick in there?? [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Isn't it like emet's law that we see something like that?? I don't think I'd be able to handle it!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

But I can't say no, because I told both my friends I was free twice. Something can't just suddenly come up, right? So what am I going to do?[img]smileys/smilies_24.gif[/img]

Why can't birthday parties justbe like'pin the tail on the donkey' again?? But then I'd be scared of the balloons popping [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]and a kid getting sick from eating too much cake!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]WOW! I'm weird lol most people wouldn't find birthday parties threatening...but leave it to me!! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]ANYway...

So now, I am HOPING my friends will change their mind about the clubbing thing....

Thanks for listening to me mumble and gripe you guys!! I don't think anyone else would do it...
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hiya, ahh wicked, i really think u should go!! U
    will have such a gd time that u wont even think about seeing
    ppl getting sick etc. I go out quite a bit and at first i was
    worried but ive never seen anyone vomit in a club or bar so I
    wouldnt worry about it.
    Ppl arent likely to jus be sick right there in front of u anyway.
    Please try not to think too much about it, otherwise it wil jus
    play on ur mind. I'm sure u will really enjoy it if u do go!! And
    anyway, u dont have to stay ageees if u dont feel
    comfortable! Just see how it goes!

Rachel xxx</font>

Neha ... i really would try and get urself to go clubbing.

maybe if u were to get a bit washed out with alcohol before hand, if u know what i mean.. not so tht ur drunk and ur the one throwing up, but just so that ur anxiety levels lessen a bit..

it wil be gr8 if u cud see this old friend of urs... im sure u wil be so engrossed in a conversation with her for the whole night, u wont even NOTICE the people around you!!

as for being rhymically challenged, join the club [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]but ya dont HAVE to dance and it wil just be sum fun eh?

try and have an experience of the clubbing world out there,m lol, im sure a party with u is miuch better than without you!!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have been. I even went when we went to Mexico (IMAGINE) we went on a big 'Juan Helluva Night" all through Puata Vallarta. I didn't see ONE person sick. I also got talked into one for a stagette. I had a drink at the dinner part and kept dinner light. I had my gravol and a small bottle of pepto and gum on hand in a small purse. NO ONE will care whether you can dance or not especially once people have started to have a few drinks. I have noticed that for the most part at clubs people will go to drink but they are there to have some fun so they aren't getting overly drunk at least not to the point of getting sick.
    Steer clear of anyone doing shooters or tequilla LOL [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]those don't work out for the best but in those cases as well Most people don't suffer the ill effects till the next morning or so it seems.

I don't know if all my blather has been at all usefull but I hope that you go it IS really fun. You can have fun without drinking too it can be fun watching the other people making asses of themselves as well. LOL (Cheaper too)
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Well, I doubt we will go anyway. The person who's birthday it was didn't really want to go, and I didn't, and another friend of mine was uncomfortable with it also. So I doubt we will go clubbing. We are trying to think of alternate plans, but I don't know what we will end up doing.

But thanks for the advice everyone!!! Really!!! I know it'll come up someday so I will keep it all in mind!! Just not today, thank goodness!! So thank you guys again!!!!

I feel so dumb for posting this in the first place and wasting forum space!! AND doing it in the wrong forum!!I must've inhaled too many nail polish fumes or something! [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Oh, and about the rythmically challenged part: The odd thing isI was enrolled in Indian dance classes when I was younger, and used to dance ALL the time, but I SUCKED!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I mean, I was BAADD!!! LOL!! I watch the home videos and cringe!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]People always told me that I was really good and that I made good facial expressions which in other words means, you suck kid!! LOL!! So after I had my surgeries when I was 13, I decided not to dance anymore, only on special occasions like prom.[img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]I DO like dancing though...if only I could do it....[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]...in public...[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]

By the way Melikasa, "Juan Helluva Night" [img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]That's really clever!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I"ve been an emetophobe since 1986. I was just a kid then. I'm in my mid twenties now and since then I've had some rough times. There was a period when I went down to 130 pounds, when my regular weight should have been in around 160 to 170. The emetophobia gave way to other phobias, like agorophobia, closterphobia, germophobia. At one point I washed my hands if I touched a door knob in my own home. Eventually, believe it or not, I became something of an alcoholic and alcoholics are rarely sick, because of the tolerance they build up to alcohol. I'm straight and sober now but living in some parallel universe where my brain is glitched. It's been this way for so long that I don't know the difference. I forget what it's like to be normal. To not be terrified of my own body. I wonder if I'll ever overcome it now. Had I overcome it within the first year, perhaps there would have been hope, but now, it seems I'm too far gone. Anyway, I used to go to the bar quite a bit. There were times when I'd walk into a stall and encounter my worst fear. Somehow I deadened my senses to the fear though. It registers and it's surreal and it's macabre but you file it away somehow and go on. In a way I was jealous of people who would tell me a 'drunk' story and explain how they had gotten sick...they would laugh about it!!! Unhindered by it. It's hard to believe. Yeah, clubs are terrible for that. But really only the bathrooms and the parking lots. I think if more people were terrified of 'it' you'd see less of 'it'. But for the most part people aren't terrified of it. They just accept it as part of life and so it's nothing to them. They don't understand our neurosis. Just like I cannot understand a person who is terrified of birds. I saw a woman on tv once who was terrified of birds and their feathers. The mere sight of a feather would make her cry in terror. Though I could have picked up the feather and put in my pocket, she was frozen with terror by it. So, I guess I'm saying that this phobia has taught me to respect others' phobias. After all no one is completely sane. Anyway, Neha, it would be sad for someone young like you to start missing out on things because of this bleak phobia.

Well I hope that you all decide to have a little fun that you can all enjoy. It is good to hear that you don't have to go to the club.
    I miss the goodold days when you could stay at home and play games too. Maybe you can go bowling or to a pool hall or something. They are pretty safe and they are fun as well. Maybe if you have a big arcade place. We have a place in Vancouver called PLaydium It has interactive games, airhockey, pinball, virtual reality games etc etc.

Don't give up hope Jerry. I have had Emet all my life and agoraphobia for about 10 years. I was about to give up all hope as well but just when you think you are stuck in the tunnel and you will never see the light you can round that bend. I am 25 years old, married and I have a baby now It was within the last year that things started to look up. I am not totally better but I was tired of missing out on everything and I can't stay in the house 24/7 with a 16 month old.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.