Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I going to get fp?

Just had breakfast. Two chorizo & egg tacos, I wanted another one and my mom told me just to get one off her plate & she’ll make herself another one. Well when I saw her plate, I noticed she had turkey bacon on it, touching one of the tacos. I decided to grab & eat the taco that was still touching the other taco but was furthest from the turkey bacon.

The reason why is because my mom’s boyfriend had left that turkey bacon out for a couple hours defrosting, he would’ve left it out all night if I didn’t see it & tell him. I told my mom the bacon was left out & she just shrugged it off & continued eating. Well, I’m pretty scared for me now. Bacteria transfers & grows as soon as it makes contact, doesn’t it? So it isn’t a stretch to think the possible salmonella transferred to one taco and that taco transferred it to the taco that was next to it so I possibly got myself sick.

Maybe I’m overthinking. But I’m definitely worried now..

Default Re: Am I going to get fp?

Quote Originally Posted by trs12345 View Post
    Just had breakfast. Two chorizo & egg tacos, I wanted another one and my mom told me just to get one off her plate & she’ll make herself another one. Well when I saw her plate, I noticed she had turkey bacon on it, touching one of the tacos. I decided to grab & eat the taco that was still touching the other taco but was furthest from the turkey bacon.

The reason why is because my mom’s boyfriend had left that turkey bacon out for a couple hours defrosting, he would’ve left it out all night if I didn’t see it & tell him. I told my mom the bacon was left out & she just shrugged it off & continued eating. Well, I’m pretty scared for me now. Bacteria transfers & grows as soon as it makes contact, doesn’t it? So it isn’t a stretch to think the possible salmonella transferred to one taco and that taco transferred it to the taco that was next to it so I possibly got myself sick.

Maybe I’m overthinking. But I’m definitely worried now..
    Not likely at all. If it was defrosting for about two hours, it was likely still cold enough to be fine when it went into the cooler. That combined with the salt content and the cooking (which would kill off any bacteria), I'd not be worried about it. Even if in the very, very unlikely event that the turkey bacon in your moms plate had any bacteria on it, it didn't have enough time since touching yours to grow enough bacteria to infect you. Not even close.

Thanks for the answer. As expected, I didn’t get sick lol. But my stomach definitely has been acting up for the past few days, in the sense that I’d get a LOT of random gurgling and burping throughout the day.

Growing up, my mom would leave every kind of meat to defrost on the kitchen counter from morning when she took it out of the freezer until dinner when she'd cook it. We never got sick.