Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Is a SV likely?

Default Is a SV likely?

I’m currently at my grandparents’ house and
    if you’ve seen my, many, many posts (sorry about that btw), you’d most likely know that my uncle, who lives here but is currently at work, had a stomach virus back in August (the 11th -14th).

Now, I was told by him, my grandma, and my mom that he disinfected the restroom every time he used it to avoid getting my grandparents sick ( My grandma beat breast cancer a year ago or two ) as this house only has one bathroom. He also stayed isolated in his room, which is in a hall behind a door in the dining room, for the most part.

Anyways, as far as I know, my grandparents never got sick & were fine the whole time, which is a good thing. Well, 3 months have past so I guess the virus is more than likely long gone, right? Well I AM a bit paranoid.

I had washed my hands in their bathroom & the thought crossed my head.. what if the virus is still on the soap tray & I’m just rubbing the virus all over me? Now I’m pretty sure the soap itself wasn’t being used when he was sick but I don’t think the tray was ever cleaned.. I just continued washing & went to go eat breakfast, an egg sandwich with hot sauce.

So nothing can stop it now I guess. I’m sure my grandpa also ate the same thing & maybe he’s eaten that before & he didn’t get sick? I don’t know.

Realistically, do y’all think there’s much of a chance or no?

Default Re: Is a SV likely?

If your grandparents aren't sick, I can't possibly think there is a chance that you will get sick. I don't think viruses can even live that long. If they're fine, you will be too. besides, it's the mechanical action of scrubbing your hands that removes bacteria/viruses, so they would likely be flushed down the sink if there were any.

Virus particles are gone within a week or so, so ZERO chance you could get sick. Less than zero. Negative.

Not possible. Noro has never been observed to live more than 2 weeks outside the body, unless frozen within that 2 week period. I doubt they froze their soap bar or dish, so I think you’re good. Lol

Norovirus does not live for more than two weeks outside of a living host. You have literally nothing to worry about, so enjoy your time with your family!