Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Incubation period :(((((((

So I'm panicking about the incubation period...The other day I was at the mall and went to the store to buy some new shorts. I went to the dressing room, and had to use a metal handle to open and close the door, and afterwards I touched the top of my straw when buying bubble tea. My biggest fear is that someone who had been sick might have touched that same handle and that I had been exposed. Am I just overthinking this too much? I've officially passed the 48 hour mark, but I've read that it can be up to 72 hours...do you think I can stop worrying a little bit now that the average time has passed at least? I'm so sick of worrying and being mentally drained because of this (((((

Default Re: Incubation period :(((((((

The chances that someone who had been sick had touched the handle before you are really slim - I really wouldn't worry if I were you! I think it would have shown by now too, so I'm 99% sure you're safe!

Default Re: Incubation period :(((((((

You can stop worrying. 1) there is no certainty you were even exposed and 2) the normal incubation is 24-48 hours, with most people getting sick around the 36 hour mark. I think it’s safe to say you are in the clear. :-)