Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Can't Cope

Default Can't Cope

I'm new to this forum, but I'm a life long hypochondriac and have an intense fear of getting a stomach virus, which is much more so when I'm in the middle of a lot of things that need to be done and are time sensitive. I'm in a musical right now and I need to be able to perform this weekend. Someone at work had *something* that made stuff come out of both ends on Friday night into Saturday (he thinks it was food poisoning, I think he's just being nice), and was in at work on Monday He ended up going home feeling "dehydrated" but not still sick. Once he went home I Lysoled all of the doorknobs etc. His pregnant wife has not gotten sick but today our boss was out (although some speculate maybe she's just hung over). I'm afraid to leave my office, I don't want to eat much. I get paranoid every time I have to go to the bathroom because there was some weird foam in the toilet and now I'm worried that when I flushed it I contaminated myself. I've been hand sanitizing like a monster. My mother pointed out to me that whenever I worry like this, I never get sick, but what if this is the time? I have to be able to sing, dance, and wear an all white outfit all weekend. I was having such a great time in this play and this is all ruining it. What do I do? How do I not get sick? How do I feel normal and not worry so much? I'm going crazy and I can't cope.

Default Re: Can't Cope

Of course, there's no REAL 100% COMPLETE ACCURATE way of knowing whether you'll get sick or not, but if I were you I wouldn't stress too much. As long as you are doing everything you can such as sanitising, hand washing for at least 30 seconds, etc. then I'm sure you'll be ok.