Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy Family Member Fell Ill

I have had emetophobia for as long as I can remember and geesh, has it taken a toll on my mental wellness. I came home for lunch and my little brother was home and apparently he came home from school because he felt sick to his stomach. My grandparent was here watching over him just incase something had happened but nothing has happened yet as of right now. I'm scared that he's going to v or get sick so I really don't want that to happen because the likely hood that I catch what he has is probably likely since we live in the same household. I'm so scared I don't even want to eat anything to risk ingestion to whatever v*rus he has or whatever. I just want to know whats the safest way for me to go without falling ill... with someone in the same household as me who has themselves.

Default Re: Family Member Fell Ill

Well, if he does not v or d then there is no way for you to get infected.
    If he does, try to stay in your room as much as possible, visit a friend’s house, and use a separate bathroom than him.
    I wouldn’t recommend eating anything with your hands or that he has touched.

Quote Originally Posted by cmu315 View Post
    Well, if he does not v or d then there is no way for you to get infected.
    If he does, try to stay in your room as much as possible, visit a friend’s house, and use a separate bathroom than him.
    I wouldn’t recommend eating anything with your hands or that he has touched.
    Thanks for your answer. You have no idea how much that really helps (when someone actually responds to your problems ).
    But anyway, he did v ONCE. He said he felt better afterwards so I'm confused?? whats going on here? is he sick, did he just have indigestion, or whats going on?
    Im not an expert but when people are sick with a v*rus don't they have multiple episodes? What about FP?

So here's what happened:
    7:00 AM // He woke up... 10 minutes later his stomach started to hurt but he thought he was gonna be okay so he went to school anyways.
    10:00 AM // 3 hours later he comes home complaining his stomach is hurting too bad.
    3:00 PM // still nothing happens, he continues to rest and lie in bed.
    5:00 PM // he V's in a bag then in the sink in 1 episode then claims he feels 100% normal after that

I'm sorry I just don't know whats going on here, was he infected with some v*rus or is he just struck with morning sickness? ugh!!

Truly it doesn’t sound like sv. That typically involves much more v and d plus a fever. I would clean the rooms he was in that day (especially the ones he v in) just to be safe. Lysol III spray or a 1 tbsp bleach to 1 liter water mixture will kill any potentially lingering sv particles.

I understand. Today my dad v* in the toilet. I was nervous and panic so I was cleaning the kitcken. But I don't want clean the bathroom. It seems to me nobody is gonna clean the bathroom.

I think lysoform is a good product